Home

Modern Football

This is a discussion on Modern Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Modern Football

Lets face it, college football is a different game than it was 20, 10 or even 5 years ago. Nowadays QB's wear green jerseys to avoid being hit in practice. During games they slide to avoid being tackled. It's now a penalty to hit them on the head. The RB's and WR's are now being protected by rules that prohibit players from being hit while in a defenseless position.

So the relevant question to us on this board is "How can EA make them more like real life college football?". Obviously game play is #1 but I would argue another thing they can do is make a safer game for the players. I can't tell how many times I've seen someone allow themselves to be Big Hit when they are running down the sidelines. Now in real life, most of the time the ball carrier will just run out of bounds. I can provide countless examples of players doing this. The reason is obvious, it avoids potential injury or pain from being hit.

What EA needs to do is make the odds of injuries and fumbles very high if you get hit along the sidelines. This will encourage players to step out of bounds to avoid being hit. Also, if you Big Hit a receiver right after he catches the ball there should be a penalty for Unnecessary Roughness. If you Big Hit a QB in the pocket that should probably draw a flag also. After all, this is what football is all about days and I believe EA should strive to keep the game real in all areas not just game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Modern Football

well pending you can do these things in real life with no flag then there would be no reason to put a flag in the game for the same thing...plus it would mess the AI up MORE. The AI is designed to get yards and not step out of bounds.

Are you being sarcastic?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

obviously, this is the kidd that was keepin track of racial stats in a video game
Old 04-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

safer game = gayer game, i hate all the new rules
Old 04-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 20

The runningbacks already run out of bounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Lets face it, college football is a different game than it was 20, 10 or even 5 years ago. Nowadays QB's wear green jerseys to avoid being hit in practice. During games they slide to avoid being tackled. It's now a penalty to hit them on the head. The RB's and WR's are now being protected by rules that prohibit players from being hit while in a defenseless position.

So the relevant question to us on this board is "How can EA make them more like real life college football?". Obviously game play is #1 but I would argue another thing they can do is make a safer game for the players. I can't tell how many times I've seen someone allow themselves to be Big Hit when they are running down the sidelines. Now in real life, most of the time the ball carrier will just run out of bounds. I can provide countless examples of players doing this. The reason is obvious, it avoids potential injury or pain from being hit.

What EA needs to do is make the odds of injuries and fumbles very high if you get hit along the sidelines. This will encourage players to step out of bounds to avoid being hit. Also, if you Big Hit a receiver right after he catches the ball there should be a penalty for Unnecessary Roughness. If you Big Hit a QB in the pocket that should probably draw a flag also. After all, this is what football is all about days and I believe EA should strive to keep the game real in all areas not just game play.
First you accuse EA of being racist, now this....come on man what you just said isn't very intelligent considering EA can't even put refs in the game yet.....
Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
First you accuse EA of being racist, now this....come on man what you just said isn't very intelligent considering EA can't even put refs in the game yet.....
What makes you think you need a ref on the field to have a penalty? Do you see any refs on the field in '09? I just think a lot of hits on the game are dangerous and need to be penalized according to the rules book
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, you could just run out of bounds... And it's not unnecessary roughness to knock someone out while there releasing the ball or catching it, if you are referring to the rules that you cant just lay out the QB 2 seconds after the ball is thrown, thats an entirely diferent thing. And no one gets injured going down the sideline. Lol at a flag for hit sticking the receiver AFTER he catches the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »