Home

Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!!

This is a discussion on Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #25
Rookie

SportsmenRife's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!!

Ok devils advocate time. I want a realistic game, I should have to get rid the of the ball within 3 seconds. Without jump the snap all I have to do is roll a tiny bit and I can have all day. All I want is for the CPU dline to jump offside more, and the CPU oline to flinch. If you penalized them for the jump snaps a little it'd be fine. The bottomline is people complain when a d-end gets to them under 4 seconds. Watch a game on tv it happens all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

If it worked correctly, the feature wouldn't bother me. If you came up and snapped the ball without taking any kind of snap count, the JTS should penalize you for it and force you to change your snap count. But what has happened is that will be what happens, which will go ahead and force you to change your snap count. But instead of causing a bunch of DL to jump offsides, it just forces your OL to false start many times at key moments in the game. And even if a false start doesn't happen, you can change the snap count to go on 10 and the DL will STILL jump the snap. If you need to keep a JTS in the game, what should happen is the offense needs to choose what the snap count is before breaking the huddle (could be as easy as x=1 y=2 a=3 b=4 after choosing the play, just like in real life). The defense at that time should choose whether or not they want a player to jump the snap (could be after breaking the huddle as a hot route), and what snap count they should jump it on. If the offense chooses to go on 2, and the defense chooses to jump the snap on 1, a false start occurs. If the offense chooses to go on 1, and the defense chooses to jump the snap on 2, 3, or 4, play goes normally. If the offense chooses to go on 3 or 4 and the defense chooses to JTS on 1, then the defensive player has a chance to get back onsides.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #27
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

This is just another thread that EA hasn't commented on. Adam where are you dude?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #28
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
This is just another thread that EA hasn't commented on. Adam where are you dude?
I was just going to say...

Someone should almost send him the link to this thread so it can be brought to attention. I really don't think it would be too hard to remove a feature like JTS, but who knows. Maybe it is. Either way, there is no reason it should be in a football game ever again.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i can understand if you play online a lot and want to complain about this but i dont enjoy playing online so i could care less that its still in there since i dont really use it anyway.
What in the world are you talking about??? The CPU is the reason this feature stinks, not other humans. For starters it jumps the snap uncannily. And secondly, and most importantly, it's so easy to get an offsides call when you need it by fooling the CPU.

It's a HORRIBLE feature but it doesn't surprise me EA left it in. They do not really care about truly improving the game but rather making it more marketable.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #30
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

I would like to see it with a toggle "On/Off" option.

Twitch Stream
Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #31
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I would like to see it buried in that same parallel universe where my socks end up....for all eternity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #32
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I second that motion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »