Home

With Teambuilder over EA Sportsworld, what about rosters?

This is a discussion on With Teambuilder over EA Sportsworld, what about rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
With Teambuilder over EA Sportsworld, what about rosters?

I know we had the option to download rosters via EA Locker this year, and besides having to buy a gold membership and getting reamed by M$ it was a great thing. Does anyone know if it will be possible to do complete rosters in a similar fashion? It would make it more accessible to people like myself who want as little to do with MS Gold as possible.

See my blog if you care to know how XBox Live stole $35 from me. I don't want to deviate from the thread subject.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: With Teambuilder over EA Sportsworld, what about rosters?

in theory you could - but you'd need somebody to create every single team with the named rosters on Team Builder. Since you're dealing with single teams it would be pretty cumbersome to download 117 teams or whatever.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Does anybody know if we can have auto named rosters just for the schools we create?it would be a pain to go in and name everybody by scratch.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Does anybody know if we can have auto named rosters just for the schools we create?it would be a pain to go in and name everybody by scratch.
I don't mean create the 120 teams. I mean allow us to use the Teambuilder site edit just the rosters and save them as a roster file. That way, rosters could be done pre-release and as they are done by the gamers EA would be free of any liability. I assume they would be...being stored on their site under someone's profile might cause an issue there.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The roster part might be the same as last year pretty much. Because is EA allowed those names to be in their computers that could cause the same issue that EA is facing right now with retired NFL legends. NFL legends are suing EA because there names have been on madden games but they was getting paid a dime. So if these players from the colleges found out that EA was allowing their names be seating in the computer data banks. Then Those colleges football guys could and do have a right to sue. SO I think EA will only do it the way they have been doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
I don't mean create the 120 teams. I mean allow us to use the Teambuilder site edit just the rosters and save them as a roster file. That way, rosters could be done pre-release and as they are done by the gamers EA would be free of any liability. I assume they would be...being stored on their site under someone's profile might cause an issue there.
OMT said it wasn't possible. He said it would take like a day to explain why and he didn't have that much time. Maybe next year.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
OMT said it wasn't possible. He said it would take like a day to explain why and he didn't have that much time. Maybe next year.
Good enough for me. It was just an idea I had. I may just create the 120 teams myself ahead of time and load them online for others that make rosters to use. I say that assuming Teambuilder is ready at least a month or so before the game.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
I know we had the option to download rosters via EA Locker this year, and besides having to buy a gold membership and getting reamed by M$ it was a great thing. Does anyone know if it will be possible to do complete rosters in a similar fashion? It would make it more accessible to people like myself who want as little to do with MS Gold as possible.

See my blog if you care to know how XBox Live stole $35 from me. I don't want to deviate from the thread subject.
Really? I asked around about this when we were trying to determine if we had to make TeamBuilder a gold tier feature. I was told that roster sharing was available at the silver tier. That's what the testers are telling me is happening on NCAA 10 right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »