Home

Will The Defensive Linemen Have A Chance This Year?

This is a discussion on Will The Defensive Linemen Have A Chance This Year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Will The Defensive Linemen Have A Chance This Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Thats nice. But I truly never had a problem getting to the QB with my defensive lineman even on the hardest settings. But I guess thats me.
I never had a problem either,but i played with my safty so most people tend to hold the ball a bit longer than usual.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 34

The post by the EA guy has me more encouraged. A good front 4 makes defense a heck of a lot of easier.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #19
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Yes D-Line has been a big focus this year. I just had a monster day with a highly rated defensive end... 5 tackles 3 sacks and a couple hurries.

I still think we have a little bit of tuning to due before calling it "done" but it's coming along rather nice.

-Russ
Me likey this very much.

I'm a "Defensive Tackle" guy. I ALWAYS control the DT, always have since NCAA 99. So having a completely ineffective Defensive line presence in NCAA 09 and having the ratings mean diddly poo was the most depressing moment for me as an NCAA groupie.

Hopefully we will see DRASTIC improvement in '10.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
Glad to hear you're working this issue. Dominant college defensive linemen average around a sack per game give or take a fraction. BC's Raji and Brace collectively had 11 sacks, 27 TFLs and 3 QB hurries last year, but the BC team had a total of 38 sacks. That tells me that the opposition focused on them which opened things up for their teammates. You have a tough job getting the right balance here -- if the pendulum swings too far the other way we will have a sackfest with arcade-like sack numbers.
But remember, sacks are NOT an indicator of solid OL/DL interaction and balance.

I can get sacks in NCAA 09, I can get multiple sacks in NCAA 09.

Buuuuuuuuuut....I can't for the life of me get consistent PRESSURE on the QB.

It's feast or famine in NCAA 2009.

You either get a sack or you get pancaked. 9 times out of 10..no matter your or the opposition's ratings...you get stonewalled/pancaked, with absolutely zero pressure on the QB PLUS the QB not taking any kind of "hit" on his passing accuracy, etc. if you did by the grace of God get in his grill.

1 time out of 10..you either jump the snap or the CPU calls a screen pass where the QB goes brain dead after the RB is covered and gets sacked.

PRESSURE is the name of the game. CONSISTENT PRESSURE when facing inferior teams. Auburn's Defensive line should absolutely OWN Akron's Offensive line almost every snap...busting through the line, chasing the QB, etc.

A great Defensive line should be in the opposing backfield within 3 seconds or sooner against inferior Offensive lines.

In NCAA 09...you were lucky to have a DT or DE still on his feet 3 seconds after the snap.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
But remember, sacks are NOT an indicator of solid OL/DL interaction and balance.

You either get a sack or you get pancaked. 9 times out of 10..no matter your or the opposition's ratings...you get stonewalled/pancaked, with absolutely zero pressure on the QB PLUS the QB not taking any kind of "hit" on his passing accuracy, etc. if you did by the grace of God get in his grill.

1 time out of 10..you either jump the snap or the CPU calls a screen pass where the QB goes brain dead after the RB is covered and gets sacked.

PRESSURE is the name of the game. CONSISTENT PRESSURE when facing inferior teams. Auburn's Defensive line should absolutely OWN Akron's Offensive line almost every snap...busting through the line, chasing the QB, etc.

A great Defensive line should be in the opposing backfield within 3 seconds or sooner against inferior Offensive lines.

In NCAA 09...you were lucky to have a DT or DE still on his feet 3 seconds after the snap.

Agree 100% Its all about controlling the LOS, being able to disrupt the offense, not just getting a ton of sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #22
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Yea i agree, i get most of my sacks on screen plays ( which the CPU call to much of anyway) Rating mean absolutely nothing even when u have speed DE's......so aggravating
Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

co-sign top to bottom
Old 05-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #24
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Yes D-Line has been a big focus this year. I just had a monster day with a highly rated defensive end... 5 tackles 3 sacks and a couple hurries.

I still think we have a little bit of tuning to due before calling it "done" but it's coming along rather nice.

-Russ
I missed this thread. Sounds good. I just hope the game is balanced for the DEs. Ie. you can't just rush inside or outside but have to mix it up. I'd also love it if the small DEs could be pushed around more in the running game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »