Home

Top QB?

This is a discussion on Top QB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #41
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Top QB?

And Tebow will come in as the first player ever to be rated a 100 and will have 100 break tackle and 100 jump pass. there are rumors that florida is going to build a touchdown tebow. HA HA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #42
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

I bumped Pryor up because Tiburon always seems to overrate star Ohio St players. Remember Katzenmoyer, Clarett, and Gamble? They were like infallible supermen.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #43
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

yeah i guess youre true. we will learn a lot about the young kid around week 2 when the trojans come to town. GO BUCKEYES!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #44
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmOU72
whoa you guys are really sold on pryor huh? What has he done to deserve a 93 rating? he will probably be an 89 or 90. Bradford set the ncaa freshman touchdown record and only came in at a 94 the following season. Everyone is basing their opinion on potential rather than actuallity.
Pryor's rating will be based on potential but you have to do that in a college video game since players improve so much. I see Pryor as being like Troy Smith - only a lot faster, bigger and more dangerous. I think he'll be a stud. Tebow made a big leap from his freshman year to a sophomore and I think Pryor will too. Speculation for sure but the guy is special imo.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #45
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Let's not forget though, he is 6'6'', as big as Tebow but faster, and has a cannon for an arm. And his stats were very respectable for a true frosh. It's hard not to give him a high rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #46
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

I dont think you can compare the improvement for tebow from freshman year to soph year with pryor. Yes, tebow was integral in them winning the championship, but it was chris leak's team. Pryor took over the team midway through the season. We had an idea of what tebow could do but we did not see him play every down until his soph year. Im not saying pryor wont improve i just believe that his role as a fresh was much bigger than tebows.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #47
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

Well i dont know about that philosophy about how you have to rate him high because they dont update the progression, but in ncaa 10 they have revamped the progression. It will be up to the user to make a player great.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #48
Banned

After looking at the expected ratings I really don't hope that is the case.

I don't have a problem with guys like Bradford, Tebow and McCoy being 97 - 99's.... but they are easily the top 3 returning QBs.

I just really wish they would expand the ratings like they did in Madden. A 93 QB should be a potential All-American QB not a guy that had a pretty solid FR year and should improve his numbers this year.

I would really be pleased if the top 4 - 5 passers were the only ones with a rating above 90.... make star players really stars!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »