Home

Any offensive improvements for the CPU?

This is a discussion on Any offensive improvements for the CPU? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #17
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Any offensive improvements for the CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, that happens in NCAA 10 with adaptive AI. It works really well.

This year's game is so much more challenging than 09. Maybe it is cause 09 was so easy, but I'm starting to worry that 10 is too hard (on varisty difficulty)!
That would be great
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, that happens in NCAA 10 with adaptive AI. It works really well.

This year's game is so much more challenging than 09. Maybe it is cause 09 was so easy, but I'm starting to worry that 10 is too hard (on varisty difficulty)!
Difficulty is fine with me as long as it's fair. If the CPU beats me because it made better adjustments than I did and out-schemed me then that will only make me want to get better so I can win the next one. I just hope the CPU doesn't do things to start cheating you in order to increase the difficulty. But as long as it's fair, playing a difficult opponent will keep bringing me back. I can't hardly play the CPU in 09 anymore because I already know that I'm going to beat them, so what's the point? In fact, I'm not sure you can make a game too difficult for me, because as long as I know the CPU can beat me, there's still a challenge to the game. I don't want a game that once I've got it down, winning becomes routine. It should be a challenge every time you play a game. It sounds like this new adaptive AI will go a long ways toward achieving that.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
I had not heard that adaptive AI was part of the CPU on offense.
Me either. It seems that most of the AI decisions talked about have to do with how the cpu will react on defense.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #20
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
he does in real life. did you watch the end of the LSU game?
I didn't, but I believe you because Chris Leak did that as well. My question was more CPU playcalling after injuries. If a scrambler gets hurt will a pocket passer still constantly run zone reads? That created some upsets and near upsets when I should have been destroyed by the CPU's top 3 team when I am Army or EMU. I edited the teams playbook when I played the CPU if they had a spread or option playbook when the QB's in the first and second string slots weren't both scrambers. If the backup QB was a pocket passer I would change the playbook to another team's playbook or I would change the modifier from spread to West Coast for that one game to make it more competitive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »