Home

Medical Redshirting and Player Discipline?

This is a discussion on Medical Redshirting and Player Discipline? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Medical Redshirting and Player Discipline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think they were simply referring to the ability of asking a player to play through injury. ie. their return is listed as questionable and you can ask the player to "gut it out". If you do, the player has a greater chance of further injury. I don't think that had anything to do with medical redshirts.
I realize and understand this completely but what I am saying is that since you are able to make decisions on a players helath during a game why would EA not allow you to do the same while out of the game(which of course I'm talking about med redshirts). Sorry if that's kind of confusing.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I realize and understand this completely but what I am saying is that since you are able to make decisions on a players helath during a game why would EA not allow you to do the same while out of the game(which of course I'm talking about med redshirts). Sorry if that's kind of confusing.
You are right. It could still make it into the game. I'm just not holding my breath.

I think it would make more sense to add it if they brought back the spring game where a player could blow out a knee and you would actually need the redshirt a little more.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

I can't believe that they can't put something as simple as medical redshirts in. I mean, it's in last-gen, how hard could it be? And it's such a killer when you get a guy that gets injured all year and then can't get him another year of eligibility.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
I can't believe that they can't put something as simple as medical redshirts in. I mean, it's in last-gen, how hard could it be? And it's such a killer when you get a guy that gets injured all year and then can't get him another year of eligibility.
Mhm
Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #13
Rookie

marxshut's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
Actually there is no such thing as a medical redshirt. It's a medical hardship waiver and it can only be used if a player participates in less than 20% of the teams games up to half way through the season. Therefore if you lose a starter to injury, unless it occurs in the first 3 games he's not eligible. In addition, if he's already redshirted the NCAA is unlikely to grant the hardship waiver as these are reviewed on a case by case basis by the NCAA. Clemson had a linebacker - Anthony Waters, get hurt in the first game of his senior season 2 years ago and was out for the year. He was not given a medical hardship waiver because he had already redshirted.

In my mind this isn't a necessary feature becuase its so rarely used in real life. The only way you get screwed is if you lose a starter in the first 3 games of the season and he's not already redshirted. Other that that you just lose a backup player for the year or you lose a starter you couldn't have gotten a medical hardship for anyway.

I can see why this wouldn't be at the top of the list as far as features go.

Last edited by marxshut; 05-14-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

Buzzkill
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #15
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxshut
Actually there is no such thing as a medical redshirt. It's a medical hardship waiver and it can only be used if a player participates in less than 20% of the teams games up to half way through the season. Therefore if you lose a starter to injury, unless it occurs in the first 3 games he's not eligible. In addition, if he's already redshirted the NCAA is unlikely to grant the hardship waiver as these are reviewed on a case by case basis by the NCAA. Clemson had a linebacker - Anthony Waters, get hurt in the first game of his senior season 2 years ago and was out for the year. He was not given a medical hardship waiver because he had already redshirted.

In my mind this isn't a necessary feature becuase its so rarely used in real life. The only way you get screwed is if you lose a starter in the first 3 games of the season and he's not already redshirted. Other that that you just lose a backup player for the year or you lose a starter you couldn't have gotten a medical hardship for anyway.

I can see why this wouldn't be at the top of the list as far as features go.
That is the whole point of my gripes friend. If you 96 rated Sr QB goes down in the first game then you should be able to have him next year.

and for the last time.....this is not a feature!! it's something as simple as being able to place recruits on a recruiting board! When or if it does get in the game it shouldn't be announced as a high big addition but rather something thats meaningful to have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #16
Rookie

ATRAINOLSM2293's Arena

OVR: 11

It was in the PS2 version

My senior QB broke vertebrae in my first game and I was able to redshirt him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »