Home

NCAA Football 10 Hands-On Preview (Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Hands-On Preview (Teamxbox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Footballl 10 Team Xbox hands on Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
All these different sources claiming that it plays very similarly to last year are starting to scare me.
It doesn't bother me too much for a few reasons:

1) I felt that 09 would have been pretty good with some of the fixes that have been announced.

2)These website reviewers most likely don't notice the subtle changes and tweaks because they most likely played 09 for a week or 2 for some review assignment and never touched it again. I'm sure if you asked these guys what the biggest issues were in 09 (pass rush, robo-qb, etc.) they wouldn't even know.

3)IMO, when they say it feels the same, I expect that they are talking about the general feel of the controls and players. It has nothing to with OL/DL interaction, robo-qb, lack of pass rush, etc.

Of course the game could still turn out bad but I don't think paying too much attention to these big websites is likely to give us any kind of a real good idea of how the game plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

The lack of anything relating to presentation is pretty much assuring me that this area will be unimproved from last year. The presentation/atmosphere wasn't there, at all last yr. The game became boring after only a few times. There was little to no reason why one would want to waste the time reaching a bowl game. It felt NO different than a regular game. It seems as tho the dev team thinks presentation upgrades come down to a few cutscenes of cheerleaders. I got news for em, thats not good enough.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
The lack of anything relating to presentation is pretty much assuring me that this area will be unimproved from last year. The presentation/atmosphere wasn't there, at all last yr. The game became boring after only a few times. There was little to no reason why one would want to waste the time reaching a bowl game. It felt NO different than a regular game. It seems as tho the dev team thinks presentation upgrades come down to a few cutscenes of cheerleaders. I got news for em, thats not good enough.
did you read the article? they didn't mention bowl games, but there is all that stuff about the improved crowd
Old 05-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
did you read the article? they didn't mention bowl games, but there is all that stuff about the improved crowd

The only thing i saw was the crowd chants in unison and there is more uniformity to them. Thats not enough, nor is it even that much of a step forward from last year. I mean its a needed improvement but there is much, much more that needs to be done. Like i said, maybe they are holding on to that info and really have improved the presentation to make it feel like you are watching a big college football game on a Saturday afternoon, but at this point, i doubt it.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #29
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
A waste of time? Not for gamers, but for developers and programmers who should be focused on retooling a very, very broken game... i thinks it's a waste of THEIR time. I'm tired of hearing about added features, i'd like to hear them talk about fixing what didn't work in last years game. Gameplay still equals 80% of the game, if it sucks on the field again, nothing else matters.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:10 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy
By saying waste of time I was commenting on how pointless the feature is. At best I figure it's made too keep people from cheesing online or at least make it easier to spot cheesers. But we know that won't work.

Everyone following NCAA knows the 2 big features are teambuilder and ss. It's just pointless. It'd be like madden 09 talking about that ring as a great newfeature.
Agreed! There seems to be an abundance of faulty logic in this thread. Team builder and season showdown have been touted as the two biggest features of the game (and some sites claim they are revolutionary for gameplay). Based on what we have heard I fail to see how SS is revolutionary. It's a gimick plain and simple! I don't play online so to see it touted as this amazing addition really bvothers me. Where are my formation subs? Where is my uniform editor? Where are my FCS teams?

Look, if EA wants to add SS then so be it. EA makes the game and it's their perogative as to what goes in it. It doesn't affect me in the least. However, don't make SS out to be this amazing feature. Call it what it is... a gimick, no more, no less.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:14 AM   #31
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 10 Hands-On Preview (Teamxbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
A waste of time? Not for gamers, but for developers and programmers who should be focused on retooling a very, very broken game... i thinks it's a waste of THEIR time. I'm tired of hearing about added features, i'd like to hear them talk about fixing what didn't work in last years game. Gameplay still equals 80% of the game, if it sucks on the field again, nothing else matters.
QFT. Blocking from the flexbone video looked atrocious. Still no real time physics. Blocking, tackling will still be "suction" based and players can still turn on a dime w/o slowing down.

Fix the gameplay then add SS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #32
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NCAA Football 10 Hands-On Preview (Teamxbox)

Well thing is season showdown going to be forced on us are can we turn it off. Because I really don't want to fool with that crap. I mean I hardly play online as it is. I mainly play my densnty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »