Home

getting sacks...4-3

This is a discussion on getting sacks...4-3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2
getting sacks...4-3

i'm using the 4 3 defense but i dont' get many sacks a game, maybe 1 or 2 if i'm lucky. maybe none sometime. all my linebackers are 90 overall and over 85 speed and by DE are faster than 79....i don't get it. helpme
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: getting sacks...4-3

try using 4-3 over. try running middle blitz, cover 3 press, cover 2 man press, etc. when you aren't blitzing, try spreading your defensive line and having them slant outside. unless you're really good with the DL manually, try not to user control any of them. I use my free safety exclusively. I got 10-12 sacks in my last game. 4 by the same player.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I have no problem getting sacks. you need to mix up your gameplans. Sometime I do a 4 man pass rush and when it comes to 3 down and long I come witha blitz. Sometimes I come with 2 blitz on first and second down. Then one third down I bring a 4 man rush only. It all depends on you and your play calling and how good the other team offensive line is.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

their offensive line can't be that good cause the team overall rating be like 79 but i recruit well so my ream rating is always in the 90's sometime 99. and this yr its 99 on offense and deffense...its almost like there quarterback gets rid of the ball to fast
Old 05-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

experimenting with shifting your line and crashing will help, but its not going to be easy getting pressure on heisman even with pass block at 0 because of the flaws in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sacks are usually just hit or miss on higher difficulties. The pressure on '09 is horrible. A 5 man line can block a 7 man blitz consistantly and if you manage to get to the quarterback he'll throw it to an open guy or something.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
Sacks are usually just hit or miss on higher difficulties. The pressure on '09 is horrible. A 5 man line can block a 7 man blitz consistantly and if you manage to get to the quarterback he'll throw it to an open guy or something.
I know! one time i brought 7 ppl ...4 limemen plus 3 in coverage.... for some reason this was a middle tenn school and i'm LSU. they blocked all of my dudes and their quarterback found the open guy in like 3 seconds. i got their pass block on like 30...i don't want to bring it any lower. i feel like i'm cheating but i'm about to bring it all the way to 0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »