Home

Is NCAA always a step behing Madden

This is a discussion on Is NCAA always a step behing Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Is NCAA always a step behind Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It was more like this in the past than this console generation. Both games now share a team of designers and engineers who are dedicated to gameplay, so most of the tuning, tweaking, fixing things are shared. Where we begin to deviate from Madden (and vice versa) is gameplay features. So while we share the WR/DB interaction, the 9 man gang tackles is Madden only. We haven't announced the NCAA specific gameplay stuff yet so I can't comment on it.

One nice thing about it is that we can decide the next year if we want the Madden exclusive feature. And if we do take it, it will be much more polished than it was the year before. I think you'll see it with the ability to break out of tackles that we took from Madden 09... it works much better on NCAA 10 (and Madden 10 for that matter) than it did on Madden 09.
OMT, I've seen the new blocking videos for Madden and was very impressed.

If this is a shared gameplay feature between Madden and NCAA, do you think it will have any carryover to the option game in NCAA?
Or is a true triple option simply impossible with this engine?

*hopes he gets answer*
Old 05-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #18
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is NCAA always a step behing Madden

So basically, next year is when Pro-Tak gets in.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #19
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
If they decide to include it next year, I would say you are correct.

It also seems as though OMT said Pro-Tak will be much more refined/polished next year so it should be even better.

Twitch Stream
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #20
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
if by Pro-Tak, you mean the 9-man gang tackle, then yes, It'll likely be in NCAA 11 if they want it to be in.

elements of pro-tak will be in NCAA 10, as part of that technology is used for the OL/DL interactions, WR/DB interactions, and probably other areas as well.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Is NCAA always a step behind Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We haven't announced the NCAA specific gameplay stuff yet so I can't comment on it.
I wish they would write about this on their blog instead of beating a dead horse by trying to build up SS.

We are all clamoring for gameplay enhancements. If they would talk about the unannounced improvements I think a lot of us would feel better about NCAA 10.

Until we see actual gameplay improvements many people will feel that EA spent too much time on SS and too little on the most important thing: gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #22
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

The Online Dynasty is a big feature that would make me pick NCAA over Madden if I had to pick one. I do think the NCAA info should be released before Madden info because the game comes out first.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

I vote that the 9 man tackles don't come to NCAA. Max it out at 6 because how often do you see 9 out of 11 players on one tackle. I understand it says up to 9 man tackles....but that only happens with short yardage runs up the middle. And if it takes 9 men to tackle one guy, I believe the whistle would have been blown before he ball carrier hits the ground. lol.

But then again, the feature would be more polished according to OMT....so who knows
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #24
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

NCAA was much better (minus NCAA 05) than Madden between the lines last gen. Current gen NCAA is pretty lackluster. I thought Madden played a better (but hardly perfect) game of football compared to NCAA in 09.

NCAA overall is mediocre on 360/PS3 when stacked against the releases of NCAA on xbox/ps2 at the time of their release. This series needs a reset, or a re-evaluation of what they're trying to do because I honestly can't figure out what they want - the features aren't screaming better gameplay (teambuilder and CAS). Here's to hoping this "secret" gameplay announcement is revolutionary...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »