Home

NCAA Football 10: Band of the Day

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: Band of the Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #49
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 10: Band of the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
These band formations should be pretty accurate. All the band directors use a software program called Pyware to design these formations. We were able to get this technology into the game code, so in order to add a formation to the game we just need the band director to send us their files.

So if what we have doesn't match exactly real life, then the real life band isn't following directions!

Will they be in the stands though?

this and FG nets are a deal breaker for me OMT.

@AdamdotH
Old 05-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are there team specific entrances too? We've been giving feedback to the team for a year so I expected them in. Bands is good but they're going to look weird if it suddenly cuts to the team on the field after.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
These band formations should be pretty accurate. All the band directors use a software program called Pyware to design these formations. We were able to get this technology into the game code, so in order to add a formation to the game we just need the band director to send us their files.

So if what we have doesn't match exactly real life, then the real life band isn't following directions!
That's impressive! It probably took a lot to integrate the software like that. However, it'll make it a lot easier to add formations in the future.

I can't wait for the, "Can I download Pyware and create custom formations for my created school's band?" threads to start.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #52
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
That's impressive! It probably took a lot to integrate the software like that. However, it'll make it a lot easier to add formations in the future.

I can't wait for the, "Can I download Pyware and create custom formations for my created school's band?" threads to start.
Apparently it was pretty easy from what I understand. I think the real work was cleaning it up to look good in game (Greg Heddelsten did all the band stuff).

Create your own band formation and download into game? That would be very cool. Pyware has done a great job working with us to get this working in game, so I could see us partnering with them in the future to get a feature like that. I wonder how many people would do it though? It doesn't look very user-friendly http://www.pyware.com/directorsviewer.html
Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #53
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Apparently it was pretty easy from what I understand. I think the real work was cleaning it up to look good in game (Greg Heddelsten did all the band stuff).

Create your own band formation and download into game? That would be very cool. Pyware has done a great job working with us to get this working in game, so I could see us partnering with them in the future to get a feature like that. I wonder how many people would do it though? It doesn't look very user-friendly http://www.pyware.com/directorsviewer.html
dont get any ideas, while it would be cool down the road, people would be outraged and think you guys focused on that over gameplay and formation subs and all the other stuff they complain about.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #54
Rookie

homer1303's Arena

OVR: 2

OMT, so is the audio on the OSU video different than it will be in game because i doubt that the band directors would send you a file with the wrong song.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

If it's easy to squeeze in, please, please put it in. It would be the most comical thing to ever be put into an NCAA game. My mind boggles at what people would do - And they would do it, even though pyware looks difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
If it's easy to squeeze in, please, please put it in. It would be the most comical thing to ever be put into an NCAA game. My mind boggles at what people would do - And they would do it, even though pyware looks difficult.
If a band director can do it, then it's gotta be easy, right?

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »