Home

Overall Team Ratings (opinions wanted)

This is a discussion on Overall Team Ratings (opinions wanted) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:20 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Overall Team Ratings (opinions wanted)

Im guessing this but.......

Wazzu
Offense-72
Defense-68

UW
Offense-71
Defense-67
Old 05-31-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Florida will be the closest. Texas has an offense that should be close, as well as Alabama's defense.

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:49 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

No team should ever be a 99. I hated seeing Georgia last year with that 99 across the board.

This year however, Florida will probably take their spot.

I really can't see any 99's for any team realistically though. 97 (or "A") at most
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 03:52 AM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't have a problem with teams being rated 99 if their player's ratings warrant such a rating. I would probably have a problem if teams could achieve a 100 rating. A rating of 100 would suggest to me a perfect team that's unbeatable, and we all know there is no such thing. A team that's rated 99, while extremely good and difficult to beat, isn't perfect. They still have a weakness and can be beat on any given day.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:21 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

how do they even come up with the team ratings? i'd rather it just be the avg ovr of your starters or two deep instead. i understand a 95 qb and 95 og arent equal in terms of impact which may be how its weighed, but doing an avg across the board i think makes for a better comparison year to year.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #14
MVP

sdid22's Arena

OVR: 18

Florida's defense should be 99 for sure they return the whole 2 deep on defense not just the starters.

On offense I say 98 or 97. Tebow Demps, Rainey, Moody and Hernandez are back but they have to replace two linemen and two pretty damn good receivers in Harvin and Murphy. Their receiving core just isn't proven enough to make that offense a 99 overall.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #15
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4

I think there will always be at least one 99 rated team in the game. If you go back to 2004 if they used the numerical system of rating a team then both USC and OU would have been 99s across the board. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Tebow had at least one category in which he is rated a 100, maybe even the first player to be rated 100 overall. I think OU will be rated either a 97 or 98 overall this year with their offense coming in over 95 and the defense at 97 or above. There is no doubt in my mind that Florida will be rated 99's across the board and i hate to say it but its pretty right on that they should be. On a side note, I want to puke when i see Florida's schedule. I thought the SEC was supposed to be tough?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4

When i said 2004 i meant the actual season not the game NCAA 2004 i guess it would have been 03.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »