Home

Vague Road to Glory Info

This is a discussion on Vague Road to Glory Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 20
Vague Road to Glory Info

Road to Glory in NCAA Football 10 is the reinvention of Campus Legend mode with news on it being held back until late June. Knowing that, there is certainly a lot more to be detailed than what was provided in the retailer feature listing for the game which is vague and just offers a general idea of what to expect.
Settle who’s number one once and for all with NCAA Football 10. With the eyes of college football upon you, begin your Road to Glory in a fully customizable career mode featuring player progression, and authentic college football atmospheres. Against your biggest rivals and during the biggest games, bust out big-time performances week in and week out and make a case for winning the Heisman Trophy. From controlling a player’s overall progression to controlling the pace of a game, make an historic run for glory with NCAA Football 10.
  • All-New Road to Glory Mode - With gameplay focused on you, become a campus legend by dominating your rivals, making big-time plays in big-time games, and capturing college football’s ultimate individual prize, the Heisman Trophy. Use bonus points earned for solid performances to develop your skills, then continue on your quest to become college football’s biggest star.
For the most part that just sounds pretty similar to Campus Legend so we’ll have to wait for details of the mode to be laid out. The only other thing really known about the mode right now is that Erin Andrews will be playing a role in it.
Hopefully though the progression aspect has been changed up from the practice mode of old which was a complete waste of time and brought about frustration for any position that didn’t have the ball in their hands. I still look back at my article from January of 2008 on Campus Legend and Superstar as a guide of how these modes could improve. Most of the areas covered still apply even after the 09 offerings. Taking that experience online just as NHL 09 did is another aspect to consider going forward.
There is also a couple other details that had not been talked about regarding preparation for standard games.
See what may or may not work on Saturday by practicing against an opponent’s playbook during the week. Fine-tune up to 10 plays on offense in hope of having a greater chance of success when playing against live competition, or practice with Crowd Noise in an effort to replicate the game day atmosphere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Vague Road to Glory Info

Lol you were spot on with the 'vague' title.

I wonder what part Erin will play. Maybe she'll interview you?

EDIT: Late June? Does that mean we wont get any info during E3?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:51 AM   #3
MVP

WOAH HOLD ON A MINUTE!!! Your pastapadre!?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:54 AM   #4
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6

Erin Andrews' role should be playing the girlfriend from the PS2 days
Old 05-31-2009, 03:15 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskeraddict
Erin Andrews' role should be playing the girlfriend from the PS2 days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

OMG do you guys remember the beasts you had for girlfriends in CL back on ps2/xbox?! Especially your Freshman year.

Was always funny though. And I kinda miss the dorm room interface.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Lol you were spot on with the 'vague' title.

I wonder what part Erin will play. Maybe she'll interview you?

EDIT: Late June? Does that mean we wont get any info during E3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
WOAH HOLD ON A MINUTE!!! Your pastapadre!?
I got it off of Pasta's site. He posted it yesterday. CL was fun to me last year only when i played with a CB. I'm interested in seeing what they changed. I hope they changed all those meaningless practice/school etc. that made you just skip to gameday. It was useless playing as a dlineman also but with ol/dl/ interaction in this year i'm anxious to see how it plays out.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:28 AM   #8
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm kind of getting the feeling that this could be an Online Dynasty version of Campus Legend. The way they keep talking about taking on "your rivals" and "settling who's number one." Think about 12 guys having their own created player (obviously only one on each team, unless online co-op is in NCAA too but I highly doubt that) battling it out for the Heisman trophy. I'd imagine that things would work roughly the same as OD. You'd play your game for that week, and instead of recruiting, you'd do your training/practice/progression drills before advancing to the next week. I'm not sure how human vs human games would be handled though.

I could be way off base, but it seems like the only advancement out there that would warrant a re-branding of Campus Legend. After seeing the jump from "Create A School" to "Teambuilder," the renaming of Campus Legend to Road to Glory would seem to signify a big advancement or change in the mode. Hopefully we'll find out next week because I'm becoming intrigued with where EA is going with this, even though I hardly played any of the previous versions of Campus Legend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »