Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Season Showdown Sportsmanship (Accelerated Clock Confirmed)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Season Showdown Sportsmanship (Accelerated Clock Confirmed) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #73
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Season Showdown Sportsmanship (Accelerated Clock Confirme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
Its not because... its how we're are being graded. They clearly said it....a 3 score lead means the game is over so punt on 4th and 2 & run out the clock. Hip Hip Hoooraaaayyy!

And I think some are confused about the chew clock feature. When its turned on...say you pick your play and there was 24 secs on the play clock, when you approach the line of scrimmage, the time would accelerate or skip to 12 on the play clock and the game clock would also adjust to the 12 sec difference. So its not like playing 15 min qtrs with an accelerated or fast clock.
Huh? Thats exactly what accelerated clock is, at least I thought. Maybe I'm missing something here.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #74
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Season showdown video 3/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
Fanboy??? 1) I'm not a boy... 2) That was not an opinion it was a dumb and childish statement ..... There is a big differences.....
I think that season showdown was a waste of time! ie Its my opinion I dont see how this concept is difficult to grasp.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #75
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Season Showdown Sportsmanship (Accelerated Clock Confirme

So accelerated clock just takes 12 secs off the clock? So if I break the huddle with 11 secs left on the playclock thats an automatic delay of game? Or does it leave you with 12 secs no matter how late or early you break the huddle?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
My only beef with accelerated clock is it turns off late in the game. It should always be on if you huddle!
where does it say this? the only thing I see is that it turns off automatically if the game clock is stopped.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #77
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
So accelerated clock just takes 12 secs off the clock? So if I break the huddle with 11 secs left on the playclock thats an automatic delay of game? Or does it leave you with 12 secs no matter how late or early you break the huddle?
The latter.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 8

This is my beef with the rating system. I play straight up football. Running, passing, punting, kicking field goals, and I never did an onside kick online. Sometimes I do throw on 1 & 2nd down when I'm up by 3 scores late in the game just to keep the chains moving, that's all. I played games with Arkansas and plenty of other basic offensive teams. Now I'm being rated on those criteria when CHEESE to me is take your QB and drop back 20 yards or roll out and "take advantage of the CPU defense". Or pick a quarters defense and have 5'10 173 lbs SS stand up my 6'6 355 lbs T so I can't even run against that defense. So I guess I'm a cheezer now! Yessss! (not really)

I am by no means saying everyone that plays with spread option teams cheese because I have played more straight up players than bad and had some really good games.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #79
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
The latter.
I dont like that I rather it just take a set amount of time off. I should not be penaltized for getting in and out of the playcalling screen quickly. But you can turn it off so its not that bad.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 8

When chew clock is on....instead of waiting until 12 seconds are left on the play clock to pick a play, you can pick your play anytime and when the team approaches the line, there would be 12 secs on the play clock and the game clock would adjust its time to make up the difference

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »