Home

presentation and atmosphere

This is a discussion on presentation and atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #9
HBP
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: presentation and atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar
I'm not trying to speak for everyone so don't jump on me. This is my opinion. I think some presentation and atmosphere changes/additions would go a long long way. I want to get the same feeling I get when i wake up Saturday morning and turn on the TV. I want college gameday before each week, with the set on the campus of the game of the week and fans goin crazy with signs and the guys picks. I want to see people tailgating. I want to feel the college atmosphere. Personally for me that is the biggest part of college football. I wanna hear seven nation army (i know there is custom sounds but its just not the same for me) at Happy Valley and see more clips of college kids in the stands and hear specific chants and team entrances. I wanna see an ESPN halftime show and Sportscenter In-Game with updates of big games. A variety of announcers would be nice, and anything else that makes it college football. It may sound like alot but I think if they put the time into that instead of Season Showdown, it would make the game so much better, for me anyway. I think the uniform combos this year is a good start but if they could really work on presentation and atmosphere next year it would be great.
Hells yeah.

But if they put everything we all wanted in a game (gameplay, graphics, accessories and presentation - actual college football atmosphere) then there wouldn't be much of a game to come out the following year. They take POO out and add POO so they always have things to improve upon, so they can take your money. Simple. All in all, you will never get the game you want. You must settle for what those who develop and fund these games give you, until everyone complains and stops buying these games.

Last edited by HBP; 06-05-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBP
until everyone complains and stops buying these games.
... Or unless 2K is also allowed to use the NCAA license. The great thing about having both EA and 2K competing is that you don't have to even like 2K or buy their version of the game.. but the mere competition will FORCE EA to step up their game. They know they can't put out a crap product because they'd loose customers. Same goes for 2K. So all in all, it's a major win for the customers. I'm probably beating a dead horse and most of you guys understand this but the topic just erks me. I'm venting. lol
Old 06-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

This is something I would like to see aswell. But that would take sometime. But hopefully it can be improved next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloppy
... Or unless 2K is also allowed to use the NCAA license. The great thing about having both EA and 2K competing is that you don't have to even like 2K or buy their version of the game.. but the mere competition will FORCE EA to step up their game. They know they can't put out a crap product because they'd loose customers. Same goes for 2K. So all in all, it's a major win for the customers. I'm probably beating a dead horse and most of you guys understand this but the topic just erks me. I'm venting. lol
No, I completely agree with you. I vented about the same thing yesterday, just in a different thread. Competition benefits the consumers; lack of it takes away some of the motivation of the producers. It's capitalism at its finest.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
No, I completely agree with you. I vented about the same thing yesterday, just in a different thread. Competition benefits the consumers; lack of it takes away some of the motivation of the producers. It's capitalism at its finest.
I agree. But I think EA takes too much crap for the exclusive stuff. I don't think it is their call... I mean, I'm sure they pay more money now for the licesnse than they did before it was exclusive. But what was their market share then? When was the last time anyone else did a college game and when was the exclusive stuff done? I'm pretty sure there were a couple years when EA had no competition but wasn't technically exclusive.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBP
Hells yeah.

But if they put everything we all wanted in a game (gameplay, graphics, accessories and presentation - actual college football atmosphere) then there wouldn't be much of a game to come out the following year. They take POO out and add POO so they always have things to improve upon, so they can take your money. Simple. All in all, you will never get the game you want. You must settle for what those who develop and fund these games give you, until everyone complains and stops buying these games.
It doesnt have to be that way. If they take there time and focus on a few key things and get them down pat and then move on. Instead the shuffle fluff things in and out because there pointless. Just so they can have something to write on the back of the box.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #15
Rookie

Bloppy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
It's capitalism at its finest.
Hell yes. I'm an Econ major. Mentioning the C word just gave me a woody. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #16
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

I for one would love to see added presentation to the game. NFL 2k5 was not my all time favorite game, but I will readily admit to loving the post game interviews with Suzie Kolber, the highlights show with Chris Berman, and especially the weekly highlight show where they would go through games from a particular week and recap - with video highlights. I would like to see more fight songs, and different versions than the ones they've had since 2003 - the first NCAA I bought and truly loved. Custom stadium sounds was a nice response to the problem, but they could still fine tune it a bit more. I'd like to see week in reivew and preview shows like we got on college hoops, and also some sort of bowl preview show. I still think the crowds could be a little more lively too, and that more chants could be added in. How about some sort of mob the field cutscenes after big wins or major upsets? I truly would love for all of this to be in, BUT, it's pretty apparent that the NCAA team is either not able or simply not willing to include these things. In either case there really is little I/we can do but continue to complain, ask and beg, and continue to wait until next year in hopes that they will eventually begin turning things around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »