Home

Drew Stanton - The Anti-Sam Keller

This is a discussion on Drew Stanton - The Anti-Sam Keller within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 AM   #17
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Drew Stanton - The Anti-Sam Keller

I disliked Sam Keller when he was a Cornhusker. Now? He's slightly worse than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #18
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think its sad that these student athletes generate all this revenue and all they get is a free ride through school. When that same free ride is offered to kids who dont generate a fraction of the revenue they do. Especially when you consider all the people thats getting paid off of them. So I can understand Sam Keller issue. I do feel like hes fighting a losing cause ,but its like there pimping out these kids. Just my 2 cents!
That's all? Are you saying a free ride at a major university is nothing?

Setting aside for the moment the various non-tangible benefits of attending a four year university, football players on full scholarship receive significant immediate and long-term financial benefits:

IMMEDIATE: The cost (including tuition, fees, books, room & board, etc.) to put a single kid through an in-state public university can easily run over $50,000; at a private school it can be twice that.

LONG-TERM: According to the “U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, January 2007, Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers” the average worker with a high school diploma earns a little over $31,000 annually; an individual with a bachelor's degree earns over $54,000 annually.

If we assume that the person in question retires at age 65, that means that the average college grad can expect to earn over $900,000 more than a high school grad over the course of his/her lifetime.

Now tell me again about the poor, exploited football players.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #19
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

/\ yea I have a cousin that plays football for a major university and the only problem he has with the game is his height is off by a inch....oh yea and he believe they underestimated his speed. When you(ncaa player in this case) work for a boss(ncaa) you can't expect to get paid as much as him. College football is a business. These players work hard and get schalarships worth well over $250,000. When they graduate there are no loans to pay back. Anyone that says they should get paid more is ******** and selfish.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's all? Are you saying a free ride at a major university is nothing?

Setting aside for the moment the various non-tangible benefits of attending a four year university, football players on full scholarship receive significant immediate and long-term financial benefits:

IMMEDIATE: The cost (including tuition, fees, books, room & board, etc.) to put a single kid through an in-state public university can easily run over $50,000; at a private school it can be twice that.

LONG-TERM: According to the “U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, January 2007, Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers” the average worker with a high school diploma earns a little over $31,000 annually; an individual with a bachelor's degree earns over $54,000 annually.

If we assume that the person in question retires at age 65, that means that the average college grad can expect to earn over $900,000 more than a high school grad over the course of his/her lifetime.

Now tell me again about the poor, exploited football players.
What about those guys who go to school just to get by and make it to the league. A lot of people do not know that there is life outside of football. Why is a guy (who graduated from college) with 4 AFC championship rings working at a car dealership? Just because you graduate from college guarantees nothing. Especially with this down economy.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 06-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
What about those guys who go to school just to get by and make it to the league. A lot of people do not know that there is life outside of football. Why is a guy (who graduated from college) with 4 AFC championship rings working at a car dealership? Just because you graduate from college guarantees nothing. Especially with this down economy.
I'll go with he's an idiot. They provide an opportunity, not a gurantee of employment.

Either way, it was still free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #22
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Those of us who are stuck paying for college have NO sympathy for Sam Keller. He's able to get a 4 year scholarship through a major college. I'm stuck at a community college because I don't have the money to go to a major university, even though I graduated high school with a 3.85 GPA and got a 28 on the ACT.

So, Sam Keller, quityer*****in.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
I'll go with he's an idiot. They provide an opportunity, not a gurantee of employment.

Either way, it was still free.
I cannot call a person who goes to college for football mostly an idiot. Not everyone was brought up the same way so not everyone knows their options and what football should really be for... a means to an end.

Not everyone is smart.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 06-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #24
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Those of us who are stuck paying for college have NO sympathy for Sam Keller. He's able to get a 4 year scholarship through a major college. I'm stuck at a community college because I don't have the money to go to a major university, even though I graduated high school with a 3.85 GPA and got a 28 on the ACT.

So, Sam Keller, quityer*****in.
Exactly! Exactly exactly exactly! Im attending a 4 year University, i consider myself pretty lucky, my family pays for some of my tuiton, but the rest i gotta take out student loans for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »