Home

NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #33
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: ncaa football taking heading down generic path ~ pasta padre article

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
The rosters have sucked EVERY year. Part laziness by EA and part due to the fact that the game gets released very early.

Now if another company picks up the license they better have Online Dynasty.
This.

Does the roster guy do the player equipment too?
Old 06-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
I hope this series goes complete generic, and builds on the success of the online feature teambuilder. I'll take a shell of a game with generic teams and rosters and allow the community to fill in the blanks. They should allow us to replace all the generic teams with teams created with team builder. Sure there will be aot of junk rosters but the cream always rises to the top. All I need now is and online play editor. Then maybe EA could forget about windsocks and jearsy colors and focus on the core game play.
No offense, but imo that sounds like a surefire way to go from a million units sold to maybe a quarter of that.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
No offense, but imo that sounds like a surefire way to go from a million units sold to maybe a quarter of that.
I'm not employed by EA. I'm the consumer.

No offense taken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I'm pretty sure that you cannot edit TB rosters and then export them to your 360/PS3. I think you can create your own school by using an existing school's roster as a template and then export that created team to your 360/PS3.

In short, TB cannot be used to edit roster files.
You wonder though, if that's a path it's gonna go in the future, cause that'd be pretty tight if we could edit rosters online and import them into the game that way. Plus, then rosters could be ready day 1 instead of having to wait two weeks.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
Does the roster guy do the player equipment too?
I was wondering who the equipment guy (or team) was.. if they actually have a separate department for this, what exactly did they do to contribute to the game?
Old 06-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #38
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

OVR: 3

At first I was dissapointed when I saw the article, but now when I think about it, it's really not that bad. As long as the EA locker is available then I don't see a problem with any of this. The only thing these lawsuits and allegations might affect are the default rosters shipped with the game, that's it. College football video games have been produced since the mid 90's, if I'm not mistaken, and it doesn't seem like the NCAA has a problem with it (I'm sure paying them an exorbitant amount of money doesn't hurt much either).

As long as EA doesn't include the names, or an exact replication of who the player is and their personal information, there's nothing anyone can really do. Ever notice how a player's hometown in the game is always incorrect? Or how their height and/or weight is slightly off? That's to prevent any sort of reflection of the actual player who just might play that position who just might player for that specific team.

All in all, I highly doubt there is anything anyone can do as long EA has this exclusivity license. While these rosters might be extremely flawed, be thankful that there are going to be more than a handful of roster makers working hard to create their own and put it on the EA locker, and that you actually have the ability to edit them yourself. But of course, that would require some hard work
Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #39
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6

I will no longer purchase the game if they have completely generic rosters. I've mentioned this to a few of my friends and they said the same thing.

If these devs enjoy their jobs as video game developers on NCAA Football, then they won't let this happen. They'll go from millions sold to half or less in one year.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I was wondering who the equipment guy (or team) was.. if they actually have a separate department for this, what exactly did they do to contribute to the game?

Well, whoever is so in charge has done...a pathetic job. Yeah, 120 teams, 70 somethin players, but don't sign up to do the job if you can't do the job.

For example:
No one on Mizzou has a revo helmet/facemask
A.J. Green is wearing the Matt Stafford facemask
Sam Bradford isn't wearing the Tebow revo

These may seem like little/petty things to most, on top of the fact you can edit the rosters yourself, but it seems lazy to me. Maybe I'm being too critical, but then again, I don't care.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »