Home

Proof that blocking AI is terrible

This is a discussion on Proof that blocking AI is terrible within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Proof that blocking AI is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Your telling me that when you are playing this on a full screen TV you are not going to notice this?

That is impossible to miss.
I didn't even notice it in the videos. lol

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No...for some of us, while it looks silly, its not really that big of a deal because other than being an eyesore, it has no effect. And I never noticed any of this until it was pointed out here and I doubt that I'll notice it while playing the game.

And maybe we didn't get a full blown presentation like Madden nor formation subs, and yes maybe the rosters will not be fixed for the game and who knows, maybe the sliders will be ineffective.

But we did get, but not limited to..

*improved dynasty
*improved online dynasty
*better cpu playcalling
*fixed pursuit angles
*wr/db jostling
*wrap swats
*the ability to pass while being sacked
*new defensive line moves

So I guess what I'm getting at, is it all comes down to how you look at it.
The man is right. There is no way this game won't be 10x better than 09. Are there plenty of things that are gonna suck. You betcha there will be. I'm pretty creased there won't be colored cleats and new equipment, facemasks etc. but I am going to get some enjoyment out of this game. I've played 09 longer than any other title and we had horrendous gameplay and no way to switch shoes and uni's. Those were two of my biggest gripes plus they said they made the recruiting database generate more appropriately sized players. That means great OD right there.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Your telling me that when you are playing this on a full screen TV you are not going to notice this?

That will be impossible to miss on a high def big screen.
When I'm passing I'm looking downfield, not at the OL/DL interaction. When I get sacked, I don't even know what happened unless I check the replay.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #28
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I just watched the NC State video again and OL #50 definitely misses his block because his back is to the defensive line.

#50 is the player on the right with his back to the defense.

On the next screen we see the unblocked defender running free to the QB. #50 has turned back around and sees a second defender who is further away from his QB.

The next screen shows that the first defender is past OL #50. #50 goes for a cut block on the second (furthest) defender.

On the final screen it is obvious that the defender had an easy route to the QB because #50 turned his back to the defense and watched his QB.

Not only do the linemen look silly, but the poor blocking AI causes them to miss blocks.

Now that there is proof that the offensive linemen miss blocks when they face guard their own QB are you guys worried?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
I just watched the NC State video again and OL #50 definitely misses his block because his back is to the defensive line.

#50 is the player on the right with his back to the defense.

On the next screen we see the unblocked defender running free to the QB. #50 has turned back around and sees a second defender who is further away from his QB.

The next screen shows that the first defender is past OL #50. #50 goes for a cut block on the second (furthest) defender.

On the final screen it is obvious that the defender had an easy route to the QB because #50 turned his back to the defense and watched his QB.

Not only do the linemen look silly, but the poor blocking AI causes them to miss blocks.

Now that there is proof that the offensive linemen miss blocks when they face guard their own QB are you guys worried?
Not worried at all. Because in the 2nd screen capture, #50 is engaged in blocking someone. The guy that gets to the QB beat his man he was engaged with in the first pic.

The C is the one who blew a blocking assignment. Yes, he had his back turned in the first pic, but he was turned around in the 2nd, but he just completely missed helping out on an assignment. Could be nothing more than a randomized brain fart. That tends to happen in college football.

Nice presentation though.

Last edited by countryboy; 06-13-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #30
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know how people can honestly say they don't care as long as they still block. You basically don't care about the NCAA series at all and could care less about the gameplay? You gotta be kiddin' me. None of those people should ever complain about anything in NCAA again if they don't have a problem with this.

This is ridiculous and very bothersome.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
I don't know how people can honestly say they don't care as long as they still block. You basically don't care about the NCAA series at all and could care less about the gameplay? You gotta be kiddin' me. None of those people should ever complain about anything in NCAA again if they don't have a problem with this.

This is ridiculous and very bothersome.
Is that what I'm saying?

Wow...I didn't realize that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #32
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Is that what I'm saying?

Wow...I didn't realize that.
I don't know- you tell me. That's why I put the question mark (?) at the end of a sentence. It turns a statement into a question, and no, don't worry, it wasn't rhetorical either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »