Home

Proof that blocking AI is terrible

This is a discussion on Proof that blocking AI is terrible within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #41
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Proof that blocking AI is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSox9
It is evident that the blocking in this game is flawed and has been on each Next-Gen title so far.
However, pointing out the issue to devs and other people is going to help solve the issue.
Trying to convince someone that this is a game-killer isn't.
Thank you! Oh, and cool avatar by the way. Pretty slick.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Just for the sake of it....(I don't know how to do screen captures)

watch the same video..NC St vs UNC. At the :58 sec mark... #50 the RT turns his back to the QB, only to turn right back around and engage his man. Its the play where the QB rolls to that side and throws back across the field for a 2yd pickup.

Yes it looks silly, stupid, or whatever your choice of adjective is for this particular situation, but I'm not 100% convinced it leads to missed blocks.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-13-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #43
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
so it couldn't just be a case of the line stunt confusing them all together and really the wrong way direction facing has no bearing on the issue?

I agree, they look confused by the line stunt and I think thats the factor here, not facing the wrong direction.
I think it's a combination of bad AI and the stunt.

But it is not caused by stunting alone. In the USC screenshots the defense does not stunt but there are still two offensive linemen who turn and stare at the QB.

From all the gameplay videos I have watched it appears that offensive linemen turn around when:

a) they have no one to block because the defense only rushes 3 or 4 players like in the USC picture.

or

b) the defense stunts and this confuses the offensive line. When they are confused it appears that they are looking for someone to block. The bad thing is, the turn around and face the QB instead of simply using their necks and turning their heads.

Any way you look at it, the fact that it is so common for offensive linemen to turn and face guard the QB is a bad thing and can only hurt pass protection.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #44
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSox9
It is evident that the blocking in this game is flawed and has been on each Next-Gen title so far.
However, pointing out the issue to devs and other people is going to help solve the issue.
Trying to convince someone that this is a game-killer isn't.
Great Post

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
I'm glad I'll never really notice this while playing the game. I'll be too busy looking downfield for open receivers.
Office Space: the oblivious waiter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #46
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

They need to patch these whenever it comes out
Old 06-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
No...for some of us, while it looks silly, its not really that big of a deal because other than being an eyesore, it has no effect. And I never noticed any of this until it was pointed out here and I doubt that I'll notice it while playing the game.

And maybe we didn't get a full blown presentation like Madden nor formation subs, and yes maybe the rosters will not be fixed for the game and who knows, maybe the sliders will be ineffective.

But we did get, but not limited to..

*improved dynasty
*improved online dynasty
*better cpu playcalling
*fixed pursuit angles
*wr/db jostling
*wrap swats
*the ability to pass while being sacked
*new defensive line moves

So I guess what I'm getting at, is it all comes down to how you look at it.
You're right about one thing....it all comes down to how u look at it.

The thing is, and I admire your EA persistence, if you look at every thing the same way (in your case, nothings a big deal, you see the things u want to see and instead of actually acknowledging the flaws...you just say "it's a non-issue for me personally" When you say things like that and use that angle in every post...in every thread....) you start to lose credibility. A lot of credibility to be quite honest. I'm sorry if this post hits too close to home, I'm just trying to be honest.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #48
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

@ the people who say this have no effect on the gameplay. The offensive linemen in this game are often psychic and the OL turning around phenom is a large reason why many blitzes turn into jumbled piles of mess. Realistic blitz packages and line stunts are meaningless in this game because the OL reacts is ridiculous ways.

C'mon, I understand the need to stop the piling on. I really do. But this is indefensible
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »