Home

Rosters?

This is a discussion on Rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Rosters?

OK, so we all know about the roster snafu. If they want accurate rosters ASAP, here's a possible solution:

Get 120 "volunteers" that follow and know their college football. That would be one for each team. Each one should know how to find media guides and spring rosters on each school's website. Perhaps work with Rivals and Scout to work out a one-month subscription to get details on the 2009 recruiting class. Send them an EXCEL file or something similar of the base roster template. Give each of these volunteers a few days to go through and edit each player on the roster for that team, bringing each team up-to-speed and as accurately and as quickly as possible. Each would have to follow some basic guidlines (no names just numbers, no 3* recruits with an OVR over 72, stuff like that), Have your roster guy quickly scan through the teams when they are sent back and make sure no one has gone overboard and made UTEP a monster, for example. Balance out a few things here and there. Minor details. For their effort, each "volunteer" gets a free copy of the game.

Just an idea. I would volunteer for Utah or any MWC/WAC school. You could have a fixed base roster within a week while the roster guy works on getting the teambuilder defaults fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Rosters?

IT WONT WORK CAUSE YOU DONT HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE!! ITS ****ING ROCKET SCIENCE TO BUILD A FOOTBALL VIDEO GAME!!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm sort of ok with the rosters. Because I mostly play offline dynasty, so the roster that is on the game will be gone after a year. After a few years of playing a dynasty I pretty much have my own roster. Not too worried. If I do play an exhibition its not anything I will be upset about.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Man O'War's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm cool with it too, since I play mostly dynasty mode so players come and go.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:55 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Oh well I guess most of us will look to pastapadre again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #6
Banned

BearDownUofA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I'm sort of ok with the rosters. Because I mostly play offline dynasty, so the roster that is on the game will be gone after a year. After a few years of playing a dynasty I pretty much have my own roster. Not too worried. If I do play an exhibition its not anything I will be upset about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man O'War
I'm cool with it too, since I play mostly dynasty mode so players come and go.
QFT. I suck too much to play OD so it's not a huge issue for me.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Oh well I guess most of us will look to pastapadre again this year.
I think he said that he is not doing rosters this year but will point us to quality people that do.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

a good idea, but they need someone like madden's roster guy in charge. its been way too much about what team a player is on than how good they are for far too long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »