Home

Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way...

This is a discussion on Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #57
Rookie

RU_Goo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way...

I'd like to know as commish, if I will be able to keep tabs on users who use these.

Is that going to be possible?

Will I or anyone else in the league be able to see when someone upgrades?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #58
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Couole thoughts:

1) paying for pipelines is very sim. Money doesn't come out of coaches pockets it comes from the program. And in an a dynasty you are the program, not just the coach and player.
I.e. When Greg Schano took over at Rutgers they spent a ton of money to get recruits flordia. They buy billboards off of the high close to powerhouse high schools to advertise rutgers. They send coachs down year round to attend and host camps. So to think that you can't buy pipelines is naive.

2) if u think this is cheating put your blankie away we're not playing candyland anymore. It's call "competitive advantage" in the real world and now in the video game world the guy with the most exspendible cash has an advantage. Is it cheating that uga has a monster weight-room and Boise state doesn't? Is it cheating that when recruits visit Miami they get to spend a night on south beach and when they visit ole miss they spend a night in the middle of now-wheres-ville? No it's not.

There are too many closed minded ppl on these boards. Who think their views r abosolute. Not everyone is going to spend most of their free time with a controller in their hands. Why bash EA for giving the guy with limited time an oppertunity to experiance the full on game without having to play 4-5 seasons in. Why bash EA for now making dynasties that much more competitive. If u won't use it fine. If u don't want ppl in your "sim" league using it fine. But to say it's cheating and unrealitic is a closeminded apporach to take.

how sim is a league where r teams are on a level playing field.
In every sec dynasty someone has to be vandy; in every acc dynasty someone has to be duke.....
If they really cared about having a sim feel they would have given schools budgets for things like these accelorators. They wouldnt expect the gamer to come out of pocket for these cheats. This is an obvious ploy to get more money out of people!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If they really cared about having a sim feel they would have given schools budgets for things like these accelorators. They wouldnt expect the gamer to come out of pocket for these cheats. This is an obvious ploy to get more money out of people!
Yep, I hate how people defend it as a good move. I hate being dink and dunked through my actual wallet. It'd be pretty strategic to the game if they added a budget to balance between recruiting, progression, etc. They need to bring back discipline too.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
Yep, I hate how people defend it as a good move. I hate being dink and dunked through my actual wallet. It'd be pretty strategic to the game if they added a budget to balance between recruiting, progression, etc. They need to bring back discipline too.
i might agree, but does anyone think the NCAA would allow this?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #61
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Couole thoughts:

1) paying for pipelines is very sim. Money doesn't come out of coaches pockets it comes from the program. And in an a dynasty you are the program, not just the coach and player.
I.e. When Greg Schano took over at Rutgers they spent a ton of money to get recruits flordia. They buy billboards off of the high close to powerhouse high schools to advertise rutgers. They send coachs down year round to attend and host camps. So to think that you can't buy pipelines is naive.

2) if u think this is cheating put your blankie away we're not playing candyland anymore. It's call "competitive advantage" in the real world and now in the video game world the guy with the most exspendible cash has an advantage. Is it cheating that uga has a monster weight-room and Boise state doesn't? Is it cheating that when recruits visit Miami they get to spend a night on south beach and when they visit ole miss they spend a night in the middle of now-wheres-ville? No it's not.

There are too many closed minded ppl on these boards. Who think their views r abosolute. Not everyone is going to spend most of their free time with a controller in their hands. Why bash EA for giving the guy with limited time an oppertunity to experiance the full on game without having to play 4-5 seasons in. Why bash EA for now making dynasties that much more competitive. If u won't use it fine. If u don't want ppl in your "sim" league using it fine. But to say it's cheating and unrealitic is a closeminded apporach to take.

how sim is a league where all teams are on a level playing field.
In every sec dynasty someone has to be vandy; in every acc dynasty someone has to be duke.....
I agree wholeheartedly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
I agree wholeheartedly.
+1
Old 06-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #63
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Coming off a year were a lot people saw 09 as the worst game in the series of NCAA. What do they do to gain our trust back and prove that they are commited to giving us ours money worth. They find time to ignore some key addition or re-addition and find a way to squeeze more cash out of us. To each they're on ,but I think this is a terrible move. This is the first time in my almost ten years of buying this game that im a little bit offended!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #64
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12

I still cant believe people are justifying this and saying its "Sim".

Saying it adds a more competitive edge to the game? Im sorry I work my *** off to provide for my twin girls, and NCAA football has always been my getaway. Im pretty damn good at this game, that should ALWAYS be the competitive edge, SKILL. Not money, your comparing real life players/real money to CGI players/Real money, it really doesnt make any sense.

If Russ is right and they can come up with a stop/fix/non exploit for online dynasty's then I wont have anything bad about them adding this and im all good for my all time favorite devs to make some extra cash, Your analogy of the situation is laughable, Go ahead and pay your 15 extra bucks for the same game. Ill still kick your ***.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)

Last edited by AnybodyKilla; 06-17-2009 at 02:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »