Home

4 and 5 star recruits appearing out of no-where 2 weeks befoer signing day?

This is a discussion on 4 and 5 star recruits appearing out of no-where 2 weeks befoer signing day? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #25
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 4 and 5 star recruits appearing out of no-where 2 weeks befoer signing day?

This to me just comes off as a bash NCAA topic. I don't think it will be hoards of recruits just popping out of nowhere, and I think some are just held out because they want to simulate the few recruits that want to focus on the season before diving back into recruiting. We really should just wait for the game to come out and see how it makes recruiting that much harder or easier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #26
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
I guy nobody knows because he is not listed as one of the top 2,600 FBS recruits, starts his first game as a SR and is all-state. he jumps too a four star FBS recruit. it can and does happen evey year.
yea, and that guy will have offers in october, if not sooner. i guess that this is the only way they can implement it, but my point is that 4/5* ratings are not very fluid- players get those rankings based on their jr. seasons and usually stay at those ratings. some 2/3* move to the 4* level based on offers and a good sr. year, but it's very rare that a sr. bursts on the scene and goes from nothing to a 4* prospect (even if they are a blue-chip talent). a more realistic representation of late bloomers would be to rank these newcomers as 2*/3* prospects that could potentially come in w/ the rating of a 4/5* player- make it a crapshoot.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Once again......

OS view of the college football world - reality
EA's view of the college football world - crickets chirping
Sit down with any college football fan and I almost guarantee that this would not be approved.

Why not rankings of kids going up and down during the season? Why not some hidden gems (can't happen though since their rating system is really bad and certain things like speed are about the only thing that matters)? How about lots of signing day commits?

Instead we get something that has almost never happened in college football.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Old 06-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #28
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Its clear that they have made a conscious choice to make recruiting very accessible to casual players. They wanted to give people who don't want to deal with in season recruiting a chance to get some elite prospects. That really why this was done, not to simulate "late bloomer", or "diamonds in the rough"

I don't know how much work would be involved in implementing it, but I've lobbied for years for there to be difficulty levels for recruiting, just like there is for gameplay.

Easy-User can basically get who they want.

Normal- What we have now, where Users are still able to get much better recruits then they should with most teams.

NCAA-No hand holding at all. CPU is ruthless with using negative recruiting. Playing time, Promises, pipeline to the NFL, are really big for the top recruits. Lot of Decommiting at the last moment. Getting a top ten recruiting class with a non traditional power just isn't going to happen.

Maybe someday they'll make this happen.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I totally agree jfsolo. The only way to please everyone with regards to recruiting is to add different levels of immersion. Most people don't want to spend too much time on this aspect while others could spend hours doing this stuff. I'm not sure how much work this would take. I do sympathize for the NCAA team though as no one system will please everyone.

The current dynasty mode is still way better than franchise in Madden imo. Nothing is better than building a program up.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't mind the idea of a some recruits essentially appearing out of nowhere, as long as it's a small number. It's a small step towards emulating real-life sleepers whose stock rises towards the end of the recruiting process. A more ideal feature would be the periodic rise / fall of some players who start out highly / lowly ranked and improve / drop.

The more important issue for me is that ratings get tuned so that recruiting actually matters. I want my 5-star DT / DE to play like one, I don't want "power" HBs to be totally worthless, I want something other than speed to matter for a WR or DB, etc. Fix that, and recruiting instantly becomes more fun.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #31
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
I am not entirely sure how the HS system works in the US, but is it possible for a Jr in HS to finish his credits in the summer, thus be eligible to graduate a year earlier?
Yes this happens a lot, but most guys will graduate in December and enroll in college for the spring semester. Al-Terek McBurse did that this year for Purdue. He would have been able to participate in the spring game, but the NCAA clearinghouse had some delays making him eligible.

This benefits the player and the program because he is able to get in the strength program and practice with the team almost 6 months before other freshman show up on campus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #32
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
I am not entirely sure how the HS system works in the US, but is it possible for a Jr in HS to finish his credits in the summer, thus be eligible to graduate a year earlier?
Yes, John David Booty did that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »