Home

4 and 5 star recruits appearing out of no-where 2 weeks befoer signing day?

This is a discussion on 4 and 5 star recruits appearing out of no-where 2 weeks befoer signing day? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
Rookie

bigmike20000's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 4 and 5 star recruits appearing out of no-where 2 weeks befoer signing day?

i would also like to see senior year stats and maybe what kind of offense they played in. that way there could be some differences besides just stars and attributes. such as offensive players who worked out of the spread in high school would be more comfortable in the spread in college. that way you could recruit a 2* or 3* player that could come into a similar system and perform well right away regardless of certain attributes or user control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #42
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

I think its a good addition.

My reasoning: In my senior year of high school at Willowridge High School down in Texas (We have put a few guys in the NFL including Thurman Thomas, and lately Jason Webster), our RB was always in trouble before his SR season. When he finally got his act together, he dang near broke Thurman Thomas single season rushing record. Michigan and others sent him a few letters, but ultimately, he went un-recruited and had to make his own way. Rivals is tight... I like them... but they obviously missed this guy when a couple of schools didnt. I like to think of the NCAA recruiting pool as if the rankings were done by a service and not by the school. Sooo.... I think that if good guys pop out of no where, it should be from the school doing their own research and to get those guys and the chance to recruit him should be earned... not just popped up out of no where. I bet then you's guys would pay for the recruiting advisor
Old 06-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
Once again......

OS view of the college football world - reality
EA's view of the college football world - crickets chirping
this cracks me up
Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #44
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Look at it from this perspective...

A lot of high rated guys don't sign until the very end. While they are normally recruited heavily during the past year, I just see it as an emulation of these late signings despite the fact that they aren't actually being talked to in the game.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #45
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

Until EA says what it is that they are trying to emulate with this new addition, we will never fully be satisfied. We all have ideas in our head, different ideas in our head, that this new addition is supposed to emulate this or that. Until we find out what EA had in mind, I suggest we just stop talking about it... because whatever their reasoning is, you can not say that it is not a step in a better positive direction. I dont think any of us think this has ruined recruiting. This is an addition that just needed a little more meat on its bones...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #46
Dirty- Never Clean

DIRTYSTEVE's Arena

OVR: 3

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You want realism, enroll into college and navigate the recruitment process yourself. You want a pretty good college football game with an added feature of new recruits becoming available after inseason recruting, then play the game.

For me, NCAA football is the only avenue I can travel to ensure my fighting irish win another championship.......so I can deal with the added feature ...... Acutally, I welcome the change, this will ensure recruiting doesn't become stale after the seaon, let's not be so quick to judge.

EA, thanks for making our summers for enjoyable....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »