Home

Dump Corso...........

This is a discussion on Dump Corso........... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #65
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Dump Corso...........

I always thought the best way to go about getting commentary for games would be to sift through the years of actual play by play and commentary, and use the general stuff from there.

If you get a guy that's been around long enough he will have lots of sayings to steal and you could totally get enough to make a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5

Keep the current crew as is. I don't have any problems with it. PLEASE don't add Mark May or Lou Holtz. They are both hype machines, and they make me want to turn the channel.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #67
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I could handle Dr. Lou but Mark May would kill me. He'd start talking about his man crush on Pete Carrol I'd bet.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #68
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Corso is horrible.

Lost all respect for him after he couldn't take a joke during an interview with BaD radio on Dallas radio station KTCK .
Old 06-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #69
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Corso is horrible.

Lost all respect for him after he couldn't take a joke during an interview with BaD radio on Dallas radio station KTCK .
I looked the story up in case anyone wanted to know what the beef was. Sorry about the highlights.

''BaD Radio'' gained national attention after an interview with ESPN ''College GameDay'' personality Lee Corso. What started out as a cliched collection of Corso's college football yarns quickly turned unexpectedly awkward and increasingly tense after ESPN's clown prince of college football objected to good-natured ribbing from McDowell. McDowell playfully insinuated that Corso had posed nude (referring to Corso's college roommate, Burt Reynolds, who had laid out for ''Cosmopolitan''). A heated on-air exchange ensued, with Corso eventually departing in a huff.
Since the interview, BaD Radio fans across the college country have embraced a shared hatred for Corso and have famously picketed Corso's ESPN ''College GameDay'' pregame show, parading derogatory signs which suggest that "Corso wears a Merkin" and "Corso has a baby arm".
Old 06-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #70
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
I looked the story up in case anyone wanted to know what the beef was. Sorry about the highlights.

''BaD Radio'' gained national attention after an interview with ESPN ''College GameDay'' personality Lee Corso. What started out as a cliched collection of Corso's college football yarns quickly turned unexpectedly awkward and increasingly tense after ESPN's clown prince of college football objected to good-natured ribbing from McDowell. McDowell playfully insinuated that Corso had posed nude (referring to Corso's college roommate, Burt Reynolds, who had laid out for ''Cosmopolitan''). A heated on-air exchange ensued, with Corso eventually departing in a huff.
Since the interview, BaD Radio fans across the college country have embraced a shared hatred for Corso and have famously picketed Corso's ESPN ''College GameDay'' pregame show, parading derogatory signs which suggest that "Corso wears a Merkin" and "Corso has a baby arm".
How long ago was this?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #71
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
May and Patrick would be automatic gamekillers for me. I despise them both. Listening to Patrick do ACC basketball is worse than Vitale...if you think Vitale is a Duke homer, listen to Patrick drool over the entire ACC even if it's a Georgia Tech-Virginia game, and Mark May needs to just get over himself.

A 2nd crew should include Ron Franklin.
i can tolerate Patrick for football but youre right about basketball, and i'm a UNC fan. Franklin is good, him and Todd Blackledge would work. I enjoy Todd, especially his taste of the town (always makes me hungry and he did one at my brother's friend and college teammate the Comellas in Boston).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #72
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

So much hate for my boy Mark May.

Chris Fowler, Jesse Palmer and Craig James are also pretty decent. Brent Musberger is also a must have. Even go outside the box and choose Pam Ward. It'll be awesome to have national games commentated by a big crew and regional games by a smaller crew.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »