Home

Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...)

This is a discussion on Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #73
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Why Have These Requests Still Gone Unanswered (For Three Years or More...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
It is just not EA. Most other companies develop their multi-player game on the 360 then port it over. Most games on the PS3 are produced on a regular DVD and not the blue ray.
I know, and it sucks
Old 06-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I know, and it sucks
I agree. I am a 360 and PS3 owner. As it is there is no reason to buy or rent any games for the PS3. I wish I could but from a financial standpoint it doesn't make since with games playing and looking better for the 360. The PS3 is one hell of a blue ray player though.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
I agree. I am a 360 and PS3 owner. As it is there is no reason to buy or rent any games for the PS3. I wish I could but from a financial standpoint it doesn't make since with games playing and looking better for the 360. The PS3 is one hell of a blue ray player though.
Want a reason to have a PS3: PS3 specific games. The best example MLB 09 THE SHOW. Wow! What a game... and I hate baseball
Old 06-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 19

Somebody mentioned how it would take a lot of room to implement FCS teams. I am not a game designer but in the last gen...NCAA football contained FCS teams as well as dynasty mode, Mascots, Stadiums, and the difference is? Graphics? Again the graphics are vastly improved, but this is the next gen. And the Stadiums seems like it wouldnt take up THAT much space considering the fans look like something I could do in a program on my computer called "paint" and have them do 3 different things...Stand up...Sit down...And move randomly. It's a little hard to explain. But given what the crowd does...And the non-creative colors that EA gives the fans (Such as having half the stadium wearing blue shirts, and other half white) I do not see how making new stadiums would destroy the space.
Last time I checked the Xbox 360 has made extremely complex games graphically, physically, and soon to be AI with the new Project Natal tech. So I am wondering...If space is a real issue (Which I do not think it is for numerous reasons) How efficient is this current engine it's being ran on?

EDIT:
I just have a lot of questions. In no way am I trying to insult the hard working designers.

Last edited by ProjectRipCity; 06-30-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #77
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
this is how EA answers questions.

Q: So what about the commentary that has gone stale over the last few yrs in NCAA?
A: Well we've added 500 new lines to the commentary though most of them are repetitive, majority of them will not be out until 2011 because this yr our focus was on Team Builder!

Q: So what's new to this yr NCAA?
A: Well we are bringing back Team Builder which everyone here at EA is excited about. You will be able to fully customize your team from the ground up.( Oh what I forgot to say was that Team Builder is really broken so we're going to have to send out a patch for the rosters and plus ontop of that we have exciting news. We are going to charge you for downloadable content that should really be FREE, but because we are the only ones that can EVER make an NCAA Football game, we will charge you for it because we can do so).

ETC......

YOU GET MY DRIFT!!!!!!!

When will this madness end. I will not purchase this gm this yr. they won't sucker me into dishing out another $60 bucks.

Who's wit me!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #78
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe EA does not have the recourses to efficiently use disk space.

If space is the issue then how are games like grand theft auto IV made. I know it is completely different but that has to have a ton more dialogue than NCAA and it has cutscenes and other crap.

Maybe EA should start working on learning how to make a game on mulitple disks. As long as Microsoft is making a game system I do not see them ever using blue ray. That would be like handing money over to sony.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 20

How much space does a HD-DVD disc have? If its more, microsoft should make the new xbox have HD-DVD even though they dont make movies for it anymore.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #80
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
How much space does a HD-DVD disc have? If its more, microsoft should make the new xbox have HD-DVD even though they dont make movies for it anymore.
Or just use Blu-Ray since it holds 50 GB compared to 30 on HD-DVD....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »