Home

Does this annoy anyone else?

This is a discussion on Does this annoy anyone else? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Does this annoy anyone else?

When TeamBuilder was announced all the devs said that every team can be downloaded from any next gen console no matter what platform it was created with on teambuilder. This means that I can create a team on teambuilder for ps3 and still download for xbox 360.

What none of the devs ever mentioned was that if you download a ps3 team using a 360 the custom art won't show up! I dont know about the rest of the users on here but all of my teams had created logos (props to all the people helping in the CAS LOGO THREAD) and this is devastating to me. Teambuilder is probably 95% of my decision to buy ncaa 10 and now I find out I may not be able to use my creations fully.

Are there a lot of people affected by this or am I the minority here?

NOTE: Teams can still be downloaded from a ps3 to xbox 360 and vice versa but due to a microsoft guidline they wont allow ps3 users custom art to show if you want it to go on a xbox 360. THIS IS NOT EA'S FAULT! I just wish a warning would have been given by the devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Does this annoy anyone else?

maybe they didnt know
Old 06-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
Rookie

how about a web user custom team downloaded to 360 console?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
maybe they didnt know
Which shows the lack of time put into re-checking, re-thinking, and re-checking again.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
When TeamBuilder was announced all the devs said that every team can be downloaded from any next gen console no matter what platform it was created with on teambuilder. This means that I can create a team on teambuilder for ps3 and still download for xbox 360.

What none of the devs ever mentioned was that if you download a ps3 team using a 360 the custom art won't show up! I dont know about the rest of the users on here but all of my teams had created logos (props to all the people helping in the CAS LOGO THREAD) and this is devastating to me. Teambuilder is probably 95% of my decision to buy ncaa 10 and now I find out I may not be able to use my creations fully.

NOTE: Teams can still be downloaded from a ps3 to xbox 360 and vice versa but due to a microsoft guidline they wont allow ps3 users custom art to show if you want it to go on a xbox 360. THIS IS NOT EA'S FAULT! I just wish a warning would have been given by the devs.
Why dont you just make your teams for both 360 and ps3. I created about 8 teams for the 360 then changed my preorder to the ps3 so I just recreated them for the ps3... only to rechange my preorder back to the 360. Now when I search the teams by aurthor (me) I have 16 teams > the same 8 for the 360 and ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest

Hmmm... I mentioned this several times. You're right though, it is a MS requirement that to download custom content you have to enter a gamertag, and PS3 accounts don't have those.

We are exploring ways to move your teams between web, ps3, and Xbox personas which will make this not be a problem anymore.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
Pro

I'm not sure I follow. You mean, you have to create your teams under your XBOX Live gamertag in order to download them to your 360?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

This is why TeamBuilder would have been a more excellent addition if it were part of the disc. Then we could have shared the teams through EA Locker or some sort of share file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »