Home

Possible Fight Night R4 Situation for NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Possible Fight Night R4 Situation for NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #1

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Possible Fight Night R4 Situation for NCAA 10?

From reading some of the initial impressions for NCAA10, it looks like we may have a Fight Night Round 4 situation on our hands.

If anyone who follows both games remembers, the demo for FNR4 came out and was completely bashed with people saying how bad the game was going to be. Fast forward a few weeks and that game is being lauded as "spectacular", "GOTY" etc.

Similar to the NCAA 10 demo, which I played twice before deleting, it appears the finished product is MUCH more polished and is getting great reviews in the impressions thread.

Now, I'll admit it. I am most likely NOT buying this game this year due to the demo and the fact that Madden looks insane this year.

I got to thinking that perhaps we are jumping on games too soon. I will undoubtedly wait for the dust to settle on NCAA 10 but early reports are positive. That being said, when more people get their hands on the game, i hope an ugly bug doesn't rear its head.

Comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

Re: Possible Fight Night R4 Situation for NCAA 10?

This is becoming a trend due to the fact that the demo is not the "finished product". Some people think this is the exact game hitting shelves and what they play is what they'll get, but thats not true due to deadlines and such......Its hard to explain to the public that this is NOT what the game will look like...LoL!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd say you have to wait until the dust settles first. The game hasn't even officially come out yet. And no offense to the guys who got the game early, but these are the diehards who liked the game regardless so of course they are going to say how great it is. Wait until a week or so after release when bugs and gamekillers start being found.

However, I don't doubt that the finished product is better than the demo. It's supposed to be. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to run out and drop $60 on NCAA. Even if the demo has been tweaked here and there to make it better, that STILL doesn't excite me enough to put down FN4 and TW10 just to play this game. I know what I'm looking for out of a NCAA game, and 2010 just isn't there yet.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
I'd say you have to wait until the dust settles first. The game hasn't even officially come out yet. And no offense to the guys who got the game early, but these are the diehards who liked the game regardless so of course they are going to say how great it is.
HA! I always wondered how the exact people that get the game early are the ones who love it! I have never seen a guy get the game early and come on and say it sucks....LoL!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #5

ChicagoChris's Arena

I agree with you all. But it is a bit surprising that some of the more respected members (and mods) are giving it a thumbs up.

(of course 08, 09 and Madden was as well days before release). Next thing i remember is sliders not working, fumble bugs, no fatigue etc.

Let's see what we get when the dust settles!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

the only reason people complained so much on FNR4 demo,is because they were button whiners.

it was an earlier version of the game no doubt, but it wasn't a bad demo and the final game deserves to be in mentioned for sports game of the year imo.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
This is becoming a trend due to the fact that the demo is not the "finished product". Some people think this is the exact game hitting shelves and what they play is what they'll get, but thats not true due to deadlines and such......Its hard to explain to the public that this is NOT what the game will look like...LoL!
Then explain why NCAA 09 Demo was better than the retail version.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasts Inc
the only reason people complained so much on FNR4 demo,is because they were button whiners.

it was an earlier version of the game no doubt, but it wasn't a bad demo and the final game deserves to be in mentioned for sports game of the year imo.
I cosign on your point about FN4. This game is amazing. The only problem with the demo I thought was the stamina issue. That was tweaked for the final product and with the DLC coming soon, that should squash most of the complaints at that point. But the demo itself was solid. NCAA's demo is garbage. Good or bad this will mark the 2nd year in a row where the demo didn't quite play like the retail version. For the life of me I don't know why EA continues to do this with the NCAA series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »