Home

Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty"

This is a discussion on Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #33
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Can you guys imagine if they didn't put any hours into SS and RTG, I bet we'd have a game almost as good as Madden. Seriously, Adam, please explain the thought process for adding/revamping two modes that won't have much success. How can you not touch something that is the staple of your franchise, the real reason people get the game?
Again you are making the assumption that the real reason people get the game is for dynasty mode. I know that is the reason you and the vast majority of hardcore gamers get it. But we have a very diverse audience, and we also like to try to bring in people who have never played our game before. We need to take all these things into consideration.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #34
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Do you feel the presentation in "Road to Glory" should have been put in "Dynasty"

Quote:
Dynasty has been boring for years now and they still won't touch it.
We dedicated the majority of our dev cycle to dynasty on NCAA 09 at the expense of Campus Legend.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #35
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We dedicated the majority of our dev cycle to dynasty on NCAA 09 at the expense of Campus Legend.
Its just hard for most of us to accept the fact that after 4 years on next gen you guys still haven't put stuff into dynasty that was in 4 years ago on LG. Why can't we get the SI covers back? Spring game? Maybe add national signing day, formation subs, etc.? The fact you guys added a weekly show to RTG also leaves some people bitter because I mean how cool would it be if you could see what was happening around the NCAA?

I know you guys are trying to cater to everyone but why does the majority fan base get the cold shoulder when it comes to improvements? Why can't you guys focus on the hardcore group and the casual group instead of focusing your resources in just one or the other?

I know you're the lead art designer and not high up, I'm not trying to single you out Adam, you're probably my favorite guy on the team, I just hope you can see why some of us come on here and "hate" on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #36
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Its just hard for most of us to accept the fact that after 4 years on next gen you guys still haven't put stuff into dynasty that was in 4 years ago on LG. Why can't we get the SI covers back? Spring game? Maybe add national signing day, formation subs, etc.? The fact you guys added a weekly show to RTG also leaves some people bitter because I mean how cool would it be if you could see what was happening around the NCAA?

I know you guys are trying to cater to everyone but why does the majority fan base get the cold shoulder when it comes to improvements? Why can't you guys focus on the hardcore group and the casual group instead of focusing your resources in just one or the other?

I know you're the lead art designer and not high up, I'm not trying to single you out Adam, you're probably my favorite guy on the team, I just hope you can see why some of us come on here and "hate" on the game.
I agree with you Bigdmo. However, when you look at the hardcore group as opposed to the casual group, the casual group is most likely larger. Casual football fans who actually like the 'fluff.' As you do, I wish dynasty would get more attention and RTG would just disappear.
I love NCAA but for the past 4 or whatever years, I feel like there's always something important missing and [somehow] something ridiculous like those mini games and mascot games made it into the game. There's so much potential there, you guys(EA) just need to take advantage of it in the right places.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 07-11-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #37
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

You know until you walk a day in his exact shoes.....I would back off TELLING him what he/they should do. He explained they have a large audience to try and make happy, not just the good ole boys from OS. I am not a huge fan RTG either, but it makes 100% sense to me why the spent time on it, and why they leave that mode in.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #38
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
I agree with you Bigdmo. However, when you look at the hardcore group as opposed to the casual group, the casual group is most likely larger. Casual football fans who actually like the 'fluff.' As you do, I wish dynasty would get more attention and RTG would just disappear.
I love NCAA but for the past 4 or whatever years, I feel like there's always something important missing and [somehow] something ridiculous like those mini games and mascot games made it into the game. There's so much potential there, you guys(EA) just need to take advantage of it in the right places.
Okay the casual group may be huge, but I can tell you that the casual group should be defined as 2 groups. Just because someone is casual, that doesn't' mean they wouldn't appreciate good presentation. Just because they are casual that doesn't mean they wouldn't enjoy playing a realistic football simulation. I don't see why NCAA can't do what Madden is doing. They are really catering to everyone. I'm telling you that even casual gamers will enjoy the stuff they have done. If NCAA was smart, they'd make the freshman setting the gimmicky cheese gameplay for Tommy 10 year old and make heisman for the hardcore sim gamer. Not to mention making sliders work so that the hardcore crowd could continue to try and end the arcadey gameplay.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #39
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

In my opinion, get rid of RTG, Mascots games, and the mini games. Save that for the Wii. My created player on dynasty is my RTG. And I have never played a Mascot game ever (don't see the point).

Please give me: Spring Game, SI covers, practices in practice uni's, Senior Bowl, National Signing Day, formation subs, multiple sliders, Halftime show, Corso putting on the headgear, Home Depot College Gameday game of the week, 85 man rosters, Heisman and NC trophy presentation...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #40
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigstudios
In my opinion, get rid of RTG, Mascots games, and the mini games. Save that for the Wii. My created player on dynasty is my RTG. And I have never played a Mascot game ever (don't see the point).

Please give me: Spring Game, SI covers, practices in practice uni's, Senior Bowl, National Signing Day, formation subs, multiple sliders, Halftime show, Corso putting on the headgear, Home Depot College Gameday game of the week, 85 man rosters, Heisman and NC trophy presentation...
Twig gets it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »