Home

Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #65
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Team Prestige in NCAA Football 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Aren't ya'll breaking in a new QB too? Anyway, I'm taking us a little off course here. . . .
You are and we are, but Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson are already better than what we had last year without even taking a snap. If I'm not mistaken, you all will be experiencing a little inexperienced QB syndrome as well. I revert back to a formula I came up with: Talent > Experience. But only if you can't have both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #66
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I've seen this requested. Flame on!

Alabama6
Florida6
LSU6
Michigan6
Notre Dame6
Ohio State6
Oklahoma6
Texas6
USC6
Auburn5
Boise State5
Florida State5
Georgia5
Miami5
Nebraska5
Oregon5
Penn State5
Tennessee5
Utah5
Virginia Tech5
West Virginia5
Arizona State4
Boston College4
BYU4
Cal4
Cincinnati4
Colorado4
Georgia Tech4
Kansas4
Louisville4
Missouri4
North Carolina4
Oklahoma State4
Oregon State4
Pittsburgh4
Rutgers4
Texas A&M4
Texas Tech4
UCLA4
Wake Forest4
Wisconsin4
Arizona3
Arkansas3
UCF3
Clemson3
Colorado State3
ECU3
Fresno State3
Hawai'i3
Illinois3
Indiana3
Iowa3
Iowa State3
Kansas State3
Kentucky3
Marshall3
Maryland3
Michigan State3
Minnesota3
Mississippi State3
NC State3
Northwestern3
Ole Miss3
Purdue3
South Carolina3
Southern Miss3
Stanford3
Syracuse3
TCU3
Toledo3
Tulsa3
Connecticut3
Virginia3
Washington3
Washington State3
USF3
Air Force2
Akron2
Ball State2
Baylor2
Bowling Green2
Buffalo2
Central Michigan2
Duke2
Houston2
Louisiana Tech2
Memphis2
Miami University2
Navy2
Nevada2
New Mexico2
Northern Illinois2
Ohio2
Rice2
UNLV2
UTEP2
Vanderbilt2
Wyoming2
Troy2
Florida Atlantic2
Arkansas State1
Army1
Eastern Michigan1
Idaho1
Kent State1
Mid Tenn State1
New Mexico State1
North Texas1
UL Monroe1
San Diego State1
San Jose State1
SMU1
UL Lafayette1
Temple1
Tulane1
UAB1
Utah State1
Western Michigan1
Western Kentucky1
FIU1
i would put iowa and clemson at 4*
maybe kentucky at 2*
besides that i agree with evreything
Old 07-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

The logic of this seems inconsistent to me. If Notre Dame hasn't won a relevant bowl game in about 20 years, why are they still a 6 star team, but I can take Idaho in the game and have them as a 6 star program in about 8 years, give or take a couple. If it's so insanely hard to lose prestige based on the initial ratings, this needds to be reflected by your prestige logic in the game.

Notre Dame absolutely needs to be down to 5, if not 4. I get the tradition from the 20s, but it's time to stop giving them a benefit for it. They just beat mighty Hawaii to end the longest bowl losing streak in history. This year they're going to play a very very easy schedule and rack up some wins, but it doesn't in any way mean that they're "back" to the glory days.

On the flip side, Alabama just got off probation that kept the program aspiring for mediocrity for the better part of a decade. They're basically 1 or 2 years removed from this, but they're right back up to 6 already? This conflicts with the Notre Dame logic...or there's nothing Notre Dame and Alabama could ever do to drop from 6 stars because they're historical powers.

Boise State similarly conflicts with this logic. They barely moved in to 1-A, in what the early to mid 90s? They've been great for the last 6 or so years, but based on the logic for Alabama and Notre Dame, 5 stars shouldn't be possible yet.

*homer alert* if Oregon is 5, then so is Oregon State. Virtually identical over the last 10 years. Only real difference is that Oregon markets itself better nationally, and Oregon State remains under the national radar, where they (we) prefer.

Arkansas being 3, doesnt seem to fit the logic either. One down year last year, but they've won the division recently, been on new years day a couple times recently. Doesn't seem to fit the logic either.

Marshall to a degree fits the Notre Dame logic. They were great for a mid-major under Bob Pruett, but they've been bad for a few years now.

Syracuse also, historical tradition, absolutely miserable for several years now after being mediocre for most of the decade before. Giving them a 3 seems to indicate no one could decide which way to go because you've used 2 entirely different sets of logic in the teams mentioned.

Troy and Houston...2? Harsh.

Western Michigan a 1 is baffling. Clearly on a level above every 1 star team on that list. Not even close.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead
Alabama a 6 star? What a joke. They had one good season. They have a losing record 5 of their last 6 years, thanks to the fact they keep cheating and keep getting caught.
alabama not deserving a 6th star is an ok opinion and an understandable stance.

however, bama has only had 2 losing seasons in the last 6 years, in 2006 (6-7) and 2003 (4-9), not 5. bama has also had 2 seasons in those 6 years with 10+ wins, 2005 (10-2) and 2008 (12-2). the other 2 years were mediocre, though - 2004 (6-6) and 2007 (7-6).
Old 07-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 9

How does Alabama not deserve a 6 star rating? Honestly. Most historical powerhouses seem to have them and Alabama has fared just as well or better than them. Does Notre Dame not deserve it's ranking?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Aren't ya'll breaking in a new QB too? Anyway, I'm taking us a little off course here. . . .
lol yep. and without even taking a snap in a real college game they think this kid is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. i get such a kick out of this tool. he has his own website and he thinks he is gonna be the greatest QB who ever lived

http://www.qbforce.com/NEW2009/TATE/tates-home.html

Sam McGuffie, anyone?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
My Big Ten Prestige Ratings

Ohio State - 6*
Michigan - 6*
Penn St. - 5*
Iowa - 4*
Purdue - 3*
Wisconsin - 3*
Northwestern -3*
Indiana - 2*
Illinois - 3*
Michigan St. - 4*
Minnesota - 3*

Also this leads to another good topic.. In dynasty mode under Conf. Prestige when dealing with recruiting, instead of saying Excellent or Poor, why not just average the stars and give us 4* or 3 and 1/2* instead?
Ohio State 6
Michigan 6
Penn State 5
Iowa 4
Michigan State 4
Wisconsin 4
Purdue 3
Northwestern 3
Illinois 3
Minnesota 3
Indiana 2

And MSU is on it's way up, for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #72
Rookie

shmoeco's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
You are and we are, but Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson are already better than what we had last year without even taking a snap. If I'm not mistaken, you all will be experiencing a little inexperienced QB syndrome as well. I revert back to a formula I came up with: Talent > Experience. But only if you can't have both.
id say Nichol is pretty talented for MSU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »