Home

Well, so much for those of us who are waiting....

This is a discussion on Well, so much for those of us who are waiting.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #9
Rookie

BigSteveTN09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Well, so much for those of us who are waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
nah, I don't hate anyone, or blame them. I know how it goes. It just speaks to the fact that we all love college football, and want to play it at any costs. It just sucks when companies know that, and take advantage of the die hard market.

I've caved in two too many times, and I'm not doing it this year. I'm 27 now and have more self restraint than I did even just a few years ago...mainly because I stopped playing '09 in September of last year b/c it made me want to punch my TV and break my controller....lol This time, I'd rather just wait and pay 35-40 dollars used than pay 60 on something that isnt really worth it.
i see what you mean and i agree. i've never adjusted the "sliders" before or anything like that and i never got to take advantage of the online dynasty last year, so i'm looking forward to the game. as you can tell by my post count, i haven't been too active in the ncaa on-line community. i tried online dynasties last year but they usually fell apart after the 2nd or 3rd week, so other than a few online games every now and then i stuck to campus legend and dynasty modes. i'm just easy to please i guess.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:32 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
nah, I don't hate anyone, or blame them. I know how it goes. It just speaks to the fact that we all love college football, and want to play it at any costs. It just sucks when companies know that, and take advantage of the die hard market.

I've caved in two too many times, and I'm not doing it this year. I'm 27 now and have more self restraint than I did even just a few years ago...mainly because I stopped playing '09 in September of last year b/c it made me want to punch my TV and break my controller....lol This time, I'd rather just wait and pay 35-40 dollars used than pay 60 on something that isnt really worth it.
More people need to have will power like you. I have said all along that if formation subs weren't back I would not buy the game. I have changed my tune to "I will buy the game used" now. I know some people on here love the game but it has fallen so far in the realm of presentation and it's sooooo frustrating...
Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
More people need to have will power like you. I have said all along that if formation subs weren't back I would not buy the game. I have changed my tune to "I will buy the game used" now. I know some people on here love the game but it has fallen so far in the realm of presentation and it's sooooo frustrating...
Yea, the only way I'm getting the game is used or if I find a hefty discount.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 AM   #12
stewaat

OVR:

I didn't buy Madden for two years, does that count?

They got my money this year though.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

After playing Ncaa 10 2nite i realize this game won't hold me to the release of madden 10 Aug 14th. This game gets traded in when the madden demo releases June 23rd.

Overall its a good game for the kids to play with but not for the hardcore football fans. I hope Madden is as good as they have shown us and the hype behind it. I can't take another year of playing NFL 2k5 and Ncaa 06.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III

Last edited by hollywood21; 07-14-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

In this economy, my recession dollars have to get the most out of it. NewGen games are not cheap. From what I have been reading I would basically be paying for the same game last year with no groundbreaking upgrades. So I guess I'll wait up like I did before I got a PS2.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 AM   #15
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
This seems like the appropriate place to post this:

Community,

I would at least start by expecting more from the NCAA series.. I know you all love football, but are we really getting a maximum effort? With the recent review, its an obvious NO.

We really do have a voice, we just have to be loud enough.

Please help make NCAA 11 the best game in the series by not settling for mediocrity.

As you know I've had negative opinions about aspects of the game this year, but as I play it, I've become more sold on it. I know that ChrisS is indeed a college football fan but I just don't know that he's a diehard sports gamer. I know that it's almost against the point of a review for each game to always be reviewed by somebody who (for instance) plays the game all year. It needs to be reviewed by a more casual gamer to some extent. Or at least, for each site, the process should be as consistent as possible.

Regardless, I thought it was funny that the final score of the review almost glossed over the fact that (most people will think) the gameplay is much, much better than before. And while the crowd chants don't exactly make the game for me, I think he greatly exaggerated how bad they are as well. So to dwell on the sound in saying that this is a 3/5 stars game, then sort of toss aside the gameplay giving it a bad review... I'm just not sure I agree with that. It's not outside the realm of possibility that this is a 3/5 game. But to say that, I hope Chris has played it a helluva lot more than I have. Because despite all the things I've noticed that I don't like, I'd easily give it a 4/5 so far

It's a pretty good game man.

Last edited by Hellisan; 07-14-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Inaccurate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 03:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 39

I realize gameplay has been improved & thats very important. However, its not the only thing that makes for a good football game.. Everything else is still a joke - presentation, dynasty, equipment options, no form. subs, messed up rosters, the list goes on and on with 10. I'm surprised that he gave it an 8 to be honest.

Their priorities really need to change for NCAA 11 if they want to win fans back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »