Home

A Serious Conversation...

This is a discussion on A Serious Conversation... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
A Serious Conversation...

This thread is not designed to be a flame-fest, but rather a spot where we can seriously talk about what's going on with the NCAA Football series. With all of the issues surrounding this game from day one, it makes me wonder, as hard as they work, if they don't seriously need a staff overhaul for this game.

While the teams working on Madden, NHL, FIFA and NBA Live seem to innovating and moving things forward in terms of not only gameplay but presentation and detail work for the hardcore players, the NCAA team seems to be spinning it's wheels.

Forget for a second the two major errors (rosters, sliders) that inexplicably made it onto the final retail version of the game, the bottom line is that this game is basically 09 with some gameplay tweaks. Yes, that's an oversimplification as there are other "new" things in the game, but several years into the PS3/360 age you would think that the people at EA would have a better idea of how to better utilize the technology at hand.

I truly don't mean this as disrespect for the guys and gals at EA because as stated, I know they aren't actively trying to screw things up. But clearly there is a lower level of attention being paid to this title when compared to the rest of EA's lineup. Now I'm not sure if that's something that has come from the top, and perhaps it is something that is out of the control of the people who have their hands on the development of this game. Either way, it's more than frustrating for someone like me who up until last year around this time counted NCAA as easily my favorite game year-in and year-out.

The worst part about all of this is that it seems (and note that I said "seems") like there is an almost total lack of passion for college football when it comes to the dev team. I know they push themselves out there from time to time and say they love the college game, and even take the time to hang around these forums (which is great). But clearly something is missing in terms of making sure things are right, and if they can't be just right then they are as close as they can possibly get them. I know they do, but sadly it doesn't feel like they really (really) care about this game anymore, and that's a shame.

Now I'd love to hear from the community on this one in a serious tone. Maybe I'm way off and if you think I'm out of line, please feel free to say so, but just keep it civil if you can. I'm willing to admit if I've made a mistake, so if you feel like you can convince me otherwise, I'm all ears.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: A Serious Conversation...

I appreciate the post but I'm going to kindly ask you to perhaps create a blog post about this here at OS, rather than make it a forum thread. Unfortunately, a lot of people are simply too immature to be able to converse about this topic in a respectful and intelligent manner. I hope you understand.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »