Home

Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 26
I never heard that one before but it sure does sound interesting.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #34
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Twelve Ways to Improve Dynasty Mode

Great read, hopefully EA heeds some of your advice in the future.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 46
i would really like a radio guy from madden but a new one or just the PA for smaller games and have it like that it would be awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #36
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Good article. I would love to see a closed dynasty option ala 2k sports College Hoops 2k8. I would love to start off at a smaller college like Idaho, or even a division II school and work my way up to a BCS conference school

Also, I strongly agree with #10 as well. This is much needed to add immersion to the game mode.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9
Great article. My favorite thing is the budgets and scheduling contracts. That would be awesome if you could schedule big name schools and get more money to become more competitive in a smaller conference. I like all the ideas and would love a complete overhaul of the mode, but those ideas alone would make it so much more fun.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't know if I would go for the spring game like they had it before (limits on rosters made it so you had fake players to fill out the teams).... but perhaps make Spring Practices where you can run different drills to improve skills of players of your choice (like they used to do in Madden offseason). After the first spring game I skipped them every year just because of the fake players.

I really like the idea of starting out as a Coordinator... and maybe you are responsible for picking your style of O or D and that would influence the HC that is willing to hire you.... also could impact recruiting because a team may not totally fit your Playbook.

Also would really like the CH2k8 style shows... preseason breakdown of AA's and Top 25. Bowl Preview just listing Match-Ups and making Predictions. That way you actually get a feel for everything else going on in the nation outside of your Conference and you get a look at the Bowls instead of having to go through many many menus to find all the match-ups. I would totally love this, I don't need a week to week breakdown because that was what you get with ESPN the Magazine covers! (ie major match-ups and upsets).

And I really like the idea of Budget, but maybe do it like they really do... Facilities and Recruiting. There is no Budget for Discipline (and I don't think that aspect needs to be in because it really was not done well). I also don't think budgets should impact PLayer increase except for indirectly through Facilities (S&C coach, Weight Room, Practice Fields etc.).
Old 07-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #39
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

these are great ideas, I wish they were in the game. Problem is I do not think EA is listening. It appears as though they are content with adding useless features and not taking any risks when it comes to making the game.

Hopefully Tiburon is content with the gameplay to actually focus on immersion because it is non existent in this seriers thus far.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 1
What strikes me as interesting is that many of you are praising the dynasty features of the 2k basketball franchise.. If EA didn't have the exclusive rights to ncaa football, we might have a little variety. In my opinion, the exclusive rights is what ruined the franchise. They need the competition. It makes for a much better game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »