Home

No ETA for the "patch" yet?

This is a discussion on No ETA for the "patch" yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
The game is not broke, it's still playable. Yes the roster issue is a huge deal and highly undesireable for all of us sim-guys but it doesn't prevent you from playing the game itself and enjoying it. As for the comment they should have held off on releasing it until it was fixed, how about instead YOU should hold off on buying it until it's fixed since you consider that issue so important? That way the rest of us can enjoy the game while you don't have to be inflicted with a game you consider unplayable?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: No ETA for the "patch" yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The game is not broke, it's still playable. Yes the roster issue is a huge deal and highly undesireable for all of us sim-guys but it doesn't prevent you from playing the game itself and enjoying it. As for the comment they should have held off on releasing it until it was fixed, how about instead YOU should hold off on buying it until it's fixed since you consider that issue so important? That way the rest of us can enjoy the game while you don't have to be inflicted with a game you consider unplayable?
+1

Those are great reasons why they chose to release it. Another key thought is the fact that any business is about making as much money as possible. They know if they release NCAA one month before Madden they will maximize their sales potential. If a few hundred dont buy NCAA on the release date because of sliders and rosters that is ok because they would lose 100,000+ sales by releasing it so close to madden that people would just wait to buy madden instead.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

great i dont need 101 reasons why they should or shouldn't have released the game, i enjoy the game, HOWEVER, i put a lot of time last year into doing custom stadium sounds for most of the teams for people and i'm wondering why the game freezes when i try to edit stadium sounds and will the patch cover this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #12
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
LOL Adam responded fast as hell, he was just waiting for somebody to bring his name up today. But anyway.......game just came out, so wait a while. At least 2 weeks.

I rather have it done good instead of done too quick and not done good.
Ha.. it was just a coincidence.

This patch was completed several weeks ago actually. We will be taking our time on a second patch that will add some features and tweak gameplay to be better. Hopefully no nasty bugs come out that we have to patch too.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezevthokie9
As with last year, I never understand why if a patch is needed from the start that its not released when the game is?
It is a timing thing. The patch gets released by Microsoft and Sony, not us. They will release it when they have tested it and certified it.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
great i dont need 101 reasons why they should or shouldn't have released the game, i enjoy the game, HOWEVER, i put a lot of time last year into doing custom stadium sounds for most of the teams for people and i'm wondering why the game freezes when i try to edit stadium sounds and will the patch cover this?
We have to know what the issue is. I'm not seeing a lot of people reporting this, so there must be something specifically you are doing differently from them that is causing it. Without more info from you, we can't figure why your game is crashing.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Ha.. it was just a coincidence.

This patch was completed several weeks ago actually. We will be taking our time on a second patch that will add some features and tweak gameplay to be better. Hopefully no nasty bugs come out that we have to patch too.
Thank you for updating us and giving us info on patch 2! Sounds promising! Adding features huh?!?!?!? Can you give us a hint?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
Rookie

aldogg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We have to know what the issue is. I'm not seeing a lot of people reporting this, so there must be something specifically you are doing differently from them that is causing it. Without more info from you, we can't figure why your game is crashing.
Yep, my sounds work just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »