Home

Why does EA continue to give the NCAA games the shaft?

This is a discussion on Why does EA continue to give the NCAA games the shaft? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
Banned

ka520's Arena

OVR: 10
Why does EA continue to give the NCAA games the shaft?

Why is NCAA Football & Basketball always behind Madden & Live? It's all EA producing the games right? Why can't the NCAA games get the visual, gameplay, & presentation upgrades like the pro games? Do the developers have to work their way up from college to the pro games?

I don't get it. The only thing that got me excited about NCAA 10 is the mix & match uni feature & Teambuilder. I feel like I'm playing NCAA 09 again.

I guess I'll just look forward to Madden. At least I got NCAA for only $20 due to 4 trade-ins.

Answers/imput please?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Why does EA continue to give the NCAA games the shaft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka520
Why is NCAA Football & Basketball always behind Madden & Live? It's all EA producing the games right? Why can't the NCAA games get the visual, gameplay, & presentation upgrades like the pro games? Do the developers have to work their way up from college to the pro games?

I don't get it. The only thing that got me excited about NCAA 10 is the mix & match uni feature & Teambuilder. I feel like I'm playing NCAA 09 again.

I guess I'll just look forward to Madden. At least I got NCAA for only $20 due to 4 trade-ins.

Answers/imput please?

Maybe a little explanation as to what you mean?

I think this is a solid game, best NCAA in years.We haven't played Madden yet, and while I am excited for it, I don't see how we can be saying one is behind the other at this point.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Banned

ka520's Arena

How can we not be saying it's behind? It is every year. If you play the games every year then no explanation is needed.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
Banned

ka520's Arena

bump
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

they dont want the college games to do better than the pro games, any money says next year ncaa will get the same overhaul madden is getting this year: protak, presentation, etc, etc....its all politics. im going to start buying ncaa every other year that way when i get it, it will have the roll over features from madden from the year before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 AM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pote14
they dont want the college games to do better than the pro games, any money says next year ncaa will get the same overhaul madden is getting this year: protak, presentation, etc, etc....its all politics. im going to start buying ncaa every other year that way when i get it, it will have the roll over features from madden from the year before
Please explain to me the logic behind this statement. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Why would EA purposely not want one game to make as much as the other. I look forward to the explanation.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:10 AM   #7
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

idk
Old 07-16-2009, 03:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

If by "give the shaft" you mean "easily the best next gen football game", I am right there with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »