Home

Why is FSU rated so high?

This is a discussion on Why is FSU rated so high? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #65
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why is FSU rated so high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom7jaguar
Florida st. has speed strength etc, but they have zero discipline on and off the field. Watching BC torch them with the same play like ten times in a row made this clearly evident. Anyone on the FSU roster would be hard pressed to get a wonderlic of > 10.
Little harsh, but for the most part you're right. We do have some exceedingly intelligent players, which only serves to brighten the light on our truly ignorant dopes.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #66
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

WOAH!!!!WOAH!!.. No arrests/run-ins with the law on the UT football team since spring of 08..... all this hate...but IMO...the FSU rating is a tad bit overdone...but i mean its all good..i dont use em anyway nor do i play against em that much
But i think the same goes for most college teams.. and teams in general..the actions of a very few dumb people...reflect badly on the ENTIRE team/ organization

Last edited by FutureVol; 07-16-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: add something
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #67
tnf
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVol
WOAH!!!!WOAH!!.. No arrests/run-ins with the law on the UT football team since spring of 08..... all this hate...but IMO...the FSU rating is a tad bit overdone...but i mean its all good..i dont use em anyway nor do i play against em that much
But i think the same goes for most college teams.. and teams in general..the actions of a very few dumb people...reflect badly on the ENTIRE team/ organization
I was not trying to bash Tennessee, I was just pointing out that FSU does not have anymore arrests than other big name programs. Just to prove point during the last 4 years here are the arrests for some other programs up to June of this year.

-- Georgia, 30 arrests
-- Florida, 24 arrests

-- Tennessee, 21 arrests
-- Florida State, 13 arrests

Like I said I know FSU has its fair share of problems, but they are not alone. As to rating FSU high, I agree they are usually rated a little to high.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 62

Funny how there is no problem with Jacory Harris having a higher OVR rating than Christian Ponder considering he isn't as good as Ponder and has far less experience. Over the past 4 years FSU has dominated Miami, the one loss was more FSU shooting themselves in the foot with Xavier Lee than Miami winning the game.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #69
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnf
I was not trying to bash Tennessee, I was just pointing out that FSU does not have anymore arrests than other big name programs. Just to prove point during the last 4 years here are the arrests for some other programs up to June of this year.

-- Georgia, 30 arrests
-- Florida, 24 arrests

-- Tennessee, 21 arrests
-- Florida State, 13 arrests

Like I said I know FSU has its fair share of problems, but they are not alone. As to rating FSU high, I agree they are usually rated a little to high.
Can we please move past the using arrests as a barometer for program strength or lack thereof? Seriously, you're going to haggle between 21 and 13. These are kids getting arrested, some for serious offenses like drugs and guns.

When you have big-time football programs, you're inevitably going to have some kids who do stupid things and get arrested. Just because it happens more at one place doesn't mean a coach lost control, it's not like that person can control a student every second of the day.

It's like when schools use academic performance. Really? Like anyone gives two farts if UGA is ranked higher than Alabama in academics when Bama beat them like a drum last year (also not saying academics aren't important, but they don't mean a thing to a football discussion).
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
I mean did you seriously just ask that question....I mean really?

1. 4th in overall defense in the 2008 season
2. The addition of Monte Kiffin possibly the greatest defensive coaching mind in the NFL...EVER
3. Eric Berry..(i mean what else need to be said..)

4. Not to mention the Tennessee defense has been holding you guys back for the past...erm 20 something years.... (still dont know how we won in 07)

I mean its bad enough we may have like 4 people on offense who know what they are doing.....can we @ least have something..

AND im am jumping on the give VT some love train..
Yeah UT was insanely good on D last year on D. And that was with an offense that could never hold onto the ball. That Vols D was on the field way too long every single game last year and still performed better than just about anybody else.

But I would argue that Dick Lebeau is the best defensive mind in NFL history. But Monte Kiffin was/is a very smart and innovative defensive man.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #71
tnf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeisamazing
Can we please move past the using arrests as a barometer for program strength or lack thereof? Seriously, you're going to haggle between 21 and 13. These are kids getting arrested, some for serious offenses like drugs and guns.

When you have big-time football programs, you're inevitably going to have some kids who do stupid things and get arrested. Just because it happens more at one place doesn't mean a coach lost control, it's not like that person can control a student every second of the day.

It's like when schools use academic performance. Really? Like anyone gives two farts if UGA is ranked higher than Alabama in academics when Bama beat them like a drum last year (also not saying academics aren't important, but they don't mean a thing to a football discussion).

If you read my post I said I was not trying to bash anyteam. I was just simply pointing out like you just said that every big name program has its fair share of problems. I posted the arrests to prove my point, it had nothing to do with FSU having less or more arrests than other teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
I mean did you seriously just ask that question....I mean really?

1. 4th in overall defense in the 2008 season
2. The addition of Monte Kiffin possibly the greatest defensive coaching mind in the NFL...EVER
3. Eric Berry..(i mean what else need to be said..)

4. Not to mention the Tennessee defense has been holding you guys back for the past...erm 20 something years.... (still dont know how we won in 07)

I mean its bad enough we may have like 4 people on offense who know what they are doing.....can we @ least have something..

AND im am jumping on the give VT some love train..
The worst team in our conference (MWC) beat Tennessee at home last year...but yet BYU can only garner a C+ rating and most of the conference is rated D+ or D. What's with the BYU bias....????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »