Home

Please read and give feedback ..

This is a discussion on Please read and give feedback .. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Please read and give feedback ..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-sim-game.html
Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cheesers.

1. Oregon Ducks. Ranked #12. Great HB, Great QB. Cheeser. Roll out every play. Goaline every run play? Same roll out formation, 3 wide, 1 HB.

My reaction, blitz corner and Nickel back, watch middle with safteys (only real pass threat on roll out). LB spy ROLB or MLB (depending on D I picked). Cover 2 hot route to wide side of field, or audible to cover 2, manually control fast DT / DE.

Outcome, Oregon goes for it on every down, runs 3 times straight with QB. At 13 yard line, no real strategy so no more roll out, no pass game = 3 point field goal.

Now the great part, '10 puts an end to a lot of that. I hit stick QB, CPU knows he's using same plays. QB is hurt after running the 5th time straight. His defense couldn't keep up with my 3 and 4 wide set, with occasional run / playaction.

Result. Cincinnati 35 Oregon 10 User Quit 3rd quarter.

2. Georgia Tech #18 vs Cincinnati Unranked of course.

Cheeser, triple option wide side left / right EVERY PLAY.

Strategy, MLB contain, blitz wide side LB, blitz wide corner. Result, intercepted pitches, hurt QB, hurt RB. They ran the same guys every play.

Defense, again, I guess it's hard to cover Cincinnati's WR and QB running a short pass game (which is my running game). Play action just for honesty on D's part. Thank god they got rid of that user pick crap too. Few guys are trying that, but that's over. So is QB scramble every play.

Result Georgia 13 Cincinnati 35

There's been a few other cheeser games, but for the most part with the Injuries, fumbles, duck passes, it's no where near as bad as '09. Also all aggressive on D means I just go conservative on ball handling. Gives me about 5 face mask penalties a game!

I will be putting a 2nd string HB at QB to start running QB choice, and some WR option and screens. Oh and of course start some between the tackle scrambling, and some roll out runs. Cincinnati's D sucks! But I like not playing as Ohio State or any other power house team.

Thanks EA for addressing this cheeser play. The old cheese doesn't work. I don't see much cheese that can be done now. They're looking though. FB dive doesn't work either now!!! It's a regular 2 yd or LESS play as it should be. Or a none existent play!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

Cheesers are not that difficult to beat. They tend to do the same thing everytime. Counter it
Old 07-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #20
Rookie

KennyLSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygates
Cheesers.

1. Oregon Ducks. Ranked #12. Great HB, Great QB. Cheeser. Roll out every play. Goaline every run play? Same roll out formation, 3 wide, 1 HB.

My reaction, blitz corner and Nickel back, watch middle with safteys (only real pass threat on roll out). LB spy ROLB or MLB (depending on D I picked). Cover 2 hot route to wide side of field, or audible to cover 2, manually control fast DT / DE.

Outcome, Oregon goes for it on every down, runs 3 times straight with QB. At 13 yard line, no real strategy so no more roll out, no pass game = 3 point field goal.

Now the great part, '10 puts an end to a lot of that. I hit stick QB, CPU knows he's using same plays. QB is hurt after running the 5th time straight. His defense couldn't keep up with my 3 and 4 wide set, with occasional run / playaction.

Result. Cincinnati 35 Oregon 10 User Quit 3rd quarter.

2. Georgia Tech #18 vs Cincinnati Unranked of course.

Cheeser, triple option wide side left / right EVERY PLAY.

Strategy, MLB contain, blitz wide side LB, blitz wide corner. Result, intercepted pitches, hurt QB, hurt RB. They ran the same guys every play.

Defense, again, I guess it's hard to cover Cincinnati's WR and QB running a short pass game (which is my running game). Play action just for honesty on D's part. Thank god they got rid of that user pick crap too. Few guys are trying that, but that's over. So is QB scramble every play.

Result Georgia 13 Cincinnati 35

There's been a few other cheeser games, but for the most part with the Injuries, fumbles, duck passes, it's no where near as bad as '09. Also all aggressive on D means I just go conservative on ball handling. Gives me about 5 face mask penalties a game!

I will be putting a 2nd string HB at QB to start running QB choice, and some WR option and screens. Oh and of course start some between the tackle scrambling, and some roll out runs. Cincinnati's D sucks! But I like not playing as Ohio State or any other power house team.

Thanks EA for addressing this cheeser play. The old cheese doesn't work. I don't see much cheese that can be done now. They're looking though. FB dive doesn't work either now!!! It's a regular 2 yd or LESS play as it should be. Or a none existent play!
All sounded legit until you said this.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
1) He did not attempt a single run the entire game.
2) He choose to set his game plan as "all aggressive, all the time".
3) Offensive plays consisted of only "shotgun 5 wide" every play.
4) 4th downs were played as 1st and 2nd downs
5) Kick-offs were "On-side kicks only" because i guess there is a lack of options to chose from
6) Field goals and Punts are times to pick up first downs regardless of how far or where on the field
7) RB's/WR's make better Backup QBs for package subs
All of this is cheese, but none of it is cheating. Also, in real college football, teams don't punt on 4th down just to be sporting. They do it because they think it's to their advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #22
Rookie

You're saying it's cheese to put my HB#2 at QB 2nd string to run some QB run plays. Like draws and options, roll outs maybe a screen MAYBE.

I would be doing this to offset my weak running game. Plus you'd know I was running, unless I'm going to do some other trick like hike to the back immediately. I'm just needing clarification on where you see the cheese in me doing this.

1st down Slant 4 yds.
2nd down In 3 yds
3rd down QB choice / draw / dive / speed option all with HB 2 at QB

1st down HB#2 QB sweep left 4 or so yds
2nd down trips HB dive
3rd down all slants

Just asking, as you see I will not be running sweep left / right scramble every play. I have a game plan for what I'm doing. Also I'd play action with HB#2 at QB. It'd keep a player guessing, and I could pass more!

Just asking though. Cause I hate getting cheesed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLSU
All sounded legit until you said this.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #23
Rookie

Um LSU HB's at both back positions.

FB dive every play 6 yds.

FB dive fake toss. because I HAVE to stack line.

Screen, Screen, Rocket catch In route 15 yds because of high throw.

FB dive when defended well on 3rd or 4th and 5.

User pick with FS on ANY pass, short or long. Always had position.

That was NCAA '09 btw. None of that works in '10. That's maybe why you say cheesing isn't hard.

But you couldn't stop QB rollout in '09 really either. You could blitz, but then you'd get burnt on the throw, 50 yds across the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsike
Cheesers are not that difficult to beat. They tend to do the same thing everytime. Counter it
Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #24
Rookie

I just played my first game online. He picked texas, so I picked oklahoma for the Red River Shootout.

I went up 7-0 early, picked him off, went 3 and out, punted to him, he drove to the 20 and missed a field goal on 4th and 7...so he quit

why the heck would someone quit down 7-0 after driving the ball on me???Idiot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »