Home

Rating/Core Philosphy discussion

This is a discussion on Rating/Core Philosphy discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Rating/Core Philosphy discussion

I dont know if it is the intent of the devs or oversight but the press man coverage in the single player game and maybe in the multiplayer game may need some looking at.

It would seem that every DB in the game no matter what the rating is great at press coverage to the point it unbalances the game against the cpu.

This problem is seems to be a result of the speed of the pass rush. It looks like yall have slowed the human player pass rush to allow the war between the WR's and DB's to play out during the press coverage. This works if the user leaves it to the cpu to control his/her blitzers. However if a user chooses to manually blitz a defender with the speed of any saftey, the cpu has no choice but to throw the ball into the back of the WR's/throw it away/chuck it up for grabs/get sacked.

proof: Use ANY team against any team on any skill level.
I went to the extreme and used the Idaho Vandals against the Florida gators on heisman level.

I could call dime man, press the coverage then manually blitz either saftey and pretty much 95% of the time run the cpu off the field 3 and out.

The cpu would have some success trying to run the ball if my safety did not blow it up, but thats another issue that popped up. The cpu would not commit to the run. It would not adapt to a otherwise sound and fair defensive tactic.

What caused me to stumble upon this is the fact that if you play zone or regular man against the cpu your defensive line will never apply enough pressure on the cpu to make any impact, and if you did send a blitz it was too slow. Naturally you are gonna find a way to over come this or continue to get eaten alive by the highly accurate cpu.

Yall need to add a way that pressure in the face of the cpu causes it to make errant bad passes. Sacks should not be the only option to making the cpu passing game slow down. Right now its pick your posion. Either Manually blitz and completely shut down the cpu offense or sit back and watch it pick your defense apart.

Outside of this the game plays pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »