Home

NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 10 has no Procedural Awareness(Treachery in the Trenches)

@ Millenium
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
Now this is a fair point of view. Let me add however that just because he said fan boys (which if you read his youtube channel, you would get an idea why) doesn't mean that the criticism isn't constructive. The blocking logic in this game is indeed a problem, and he showed an instance of it. Could he have done it without the fanboy thing? Sure, but at the same time didn't he show, and explain (in a funny way) what's the problem he's having? Yes he did, and that's constructive in itself.

Also, thinking this is a "much" better game is subjective. As you can tell by people that have already posted in this thread. Some feel it plays exactly like NCAA 09, while I don't agree, I also wouldn't agree that this is "much" better than 09 because it feels very similar to me (albeit a "tighter" version). Some feel the strides that this game have been making isn't big enough at this point. You mention two guys that enjoyed NFL 2K5, and said they think this is a good game, I've played NFL 2K5, and I'm not ready to declare this as a good game. Again, its all subjective.

It would be funny to see him do something positive about this game. In one of his other videos he said the only thing he liked about the game, is the grass (comedy)...
That's fair and I'll agree slightly with what you are saying.

It appears you do agree with me that he could show more balanced and fair videos.

The blocking logic in NCAA and Madden have been pragmatic, but how many times does he need to keep repeating it? It's constructive to a point, unless it becomes old hat in most of the videos.

Sure, I'll admit that I'm being subjective in my view that 10 plays much better than 09, but can Apex admit he is being subjective? I don't think so. That's where I go back to the balanced and fair reporting.

I don't think I'm being that subjective though, when a poll at the top of the forums feel that 53% of NCAA 10 is between good and great.

By the way, I don't think you can wipe out the sheeple and fanboy comments and just say overlook that, and look at what he is constructively criticizing. You can't have it both ways.

You want respect, it's a two way street.

Last edited by roadman; 07-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

Millennium wins.

Exactly.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #44
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
@ Millenium
Honestly - I want a response to a valid point. He puts single vids up of single plays all the time, yet never puts a bunch of plays back to back up.

There is a reason for that, and it's the same reason why there was SO much negative reaction to this game prior to release, and now it's MOSTLY positive. That is because everyone pays attention to one play at a time instead of the product as a whole.

I even admit in my post that suction blocking is there, which it is. But it's been in every football game to date, with no exception. So that is nothing new.

All I want is a response to what the LG was rated, what the team was (if it was a TB team, what is it so we can download it), and why he brought up a known issue in another video?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #45
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's fair and I'll agree slightly with what you are saying.

It appears you do agree with me that he could show more balanced and fair videos.

The blocking logic in NCAA and Madden have been pragmatic, but how many times does he need to keep repeating it? It's constructive to a point, unless it becomes old hat in most of the videos.

Sure, I'll admit that I'm being subjective in my view that 10 plays much better than 09, but can Apex admit he is being subjective? I don't think so. That's where I go back to the balanced and fair reporting.

I don't think I'm being that subjective though, when a poll at the top of the forums feel that 53% of NCAA 10 is between good and great.

Sure, I don't think it'll hurt to say something positive about the game because its an improvement over 09. I can't speak for the dude, so I don't know why he didn't say anything positive about the game. All I know is the issue that he spoke about in a newly released game; I can't sit hear and say that he's off basis because I've seen it (suction, warping) first hand with my little time with the game at a high rate. Maybe he thought with the retail, and a new year under EA's belt that the poor blocking would have been fixed, or at the very least, improved upon. I don't see what's the problem of making new videos showing that the problem hasn't been fixed in the retail version; and I don't think the poor blocking is subjective. Maybe a persons tolerance level for it is subjective, but its definitely a problem, and as you said, its been a problem for years in a EA football game.

And give it a month or two, and then ask that same poll question .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
That's all I needed to see. That's a got **** shame! Lord have mercy! Nice vid.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #47
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

And for every occurrence of questionable AI in the trenches...there are some instances of good AI.

In this video I had a 4 man rush against what looked like 6 blockers on the line. I beat an interior lineman with my DT on the right side but get picked up by an extra blocker. (the QB makes a bad throw anyway)

EA Sports: NCAA Football 10 Video

And in this vid you can see where I beat the right guard off of the line with my DT and the center picks me up, but that lets my linebacker knife right in for the hit. (you can even see where the guard who was beat get's pulled back in what looks like the beginning of a suction block, but it had no influence on the play.)

EA Sports: NCAA Football 10 Video

I didn't see any clipping, glitching, or morphing that effected the outcome of either play. On one play the O-line did it's job and the QB made an errant throw, and on the other play the center helped out a tackle who pretty much lost his battle (pasue it at 6 secs and you can see my LB didn't penetrate the LOS when the center turned, albeit awkwardly, to help out.)

The good comes with the bad folks. Apex knows that, but he won't show it.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #48
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Honestly - I want a response to a valid point. He puts single vids up of single plays all the time, yet never puts a bunch of plays back to back up.

There is a reason for that, and it's the same reason why there was SO much negative reaction to this game prior to release, and now it's MOSTLY positive. That is because everyone pays attention to one play at a time instead of the product as a whole.

I even admit in my post that suction blocking is there, which it is. But it's been in every football game to date, with no exception. So that is nothing new.

All I want is a response to what the LG was rated, what the team was (if it was a TB team, what is it so we can download it), and why he brought up a known issue in another video?
I'm gonna let that dude handle his own biz since you called him out specifically, but let me just say that I disagree with this post for numerous amounts of reasons.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »