Home

Too much play action?

This is a discussion on Too much play action? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #17
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Too much play action?

Do you guys think his defensive playcalling is okay?

I think I'm going to switch to "choose playtype" instead of "ask corso" for offense, but may keep using "ask corso" for defense.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #18
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
Do you guys think his defensive playcalling is okay?

I think I'm going to switch to "choose playtype" instead of "ask corso" for offense, but may keep using "ask corso" for defense.

I've never liked Corso's playcalling on either side of the ball. I think it tends to be better on defense than offense, but I also think that planning the game and calling the plays myself is way more fun than asking him for suggestions. That said, I haven't used the Corso feature this year, so I really can't say for sure, but if it's similar to past years, I'd try learning how to scheme the defense on your own.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

I never use Corso, EVER. The plays that he suggests are just plain ******** (for lack of better terms). Just don't be one of these guys.....who picks the same play over and over because he KNOWS it will work 8-10 times. Don't be ONE OF THOSE GUYS, who exploit the game, lol. Just kidding, anyways, try picking your own plays, trust me, there are a lot of great ones out there.

And to the person who said there is a Play Action Pass with no RB in backfield.... I was using either Missouri's or Texas Techs's playbook last night and noticed in a Five Wide Formation there was a Play Action Pass, hahaha.

Now, it's probably supposted to be some (Pump Fake), like faking a bubble screen or something along those lines, but that never happened....haha. Just because it says play action, doesn't it has to be faking a RB, it can be faking a screen of some kind as well.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 AM   #20
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I use Corso a bit also in my offline dynasties. But I make myself choose one of the 4 plays shown instead of having to use the specific one shown.
I also sometimes do it by quarter. 1st quarter I have to pick from top row, 2nd quarter I have to pick from the 2 on the right, 3rd = bottom 2 and 4th quarter any of the 4.

Just to switch it up ....

excellent idea
Old 07-18-2009, 02:32 AM   #21
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRJoker
Is there a good NFL style playbook in the NCAA game?? Cause i really get tired of using so much play action??

That is basically pro style, play action is a big part of the pro style offense. I run pro style in real life, and on ncaa and madden. Just what I am comfortable with. If you are lookng for more of a NFL or pro style offense in ncaa I would suggest

USC
NOTRE DAME
TENN
UCLA
FRESNO ST
GEORGIA
NORTH CAROLINA
PITT

All of these books have similar concepts to playbooks in madden, and yes, alot of playaction especially USC, dam good PB, but hey, thats what pro style is all about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 02:48 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

I don't understand everyone hating on Corso just because he has faith in you to run a balls-to-the-wall offensive gameplan.

I run all the plays Corso says to run, because I believe in him as he believes in me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »