Home

So who are the teams people are abusing so far?

This is a discussion on So who are the teams people are abusing so far? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #33
Rookie

goodfellagator22's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So who are the teams people are abusing so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
what sucks for me is I'm a huuuuuuge Gators fan...I mean I LOVE FLORIDA!...but I cant sit back and take the #1 team and play sum1 online...even tho I know I suck...theres other teams I follow, so when i play online i usually end up taking BC
yeah I agree, I am hoping to find someone that is doing an Online SEC Dynasty so I can use the Gators and not have the other person think I'm just using them because they are the best team in the game.

I will be using mostly my home state Minnesota Gophers for the time being.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #34
Rookie

htoole21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlackshirtsXx
there's a difference between scrambling with a fast qb and constantly hiking the ball, running straight backwards 15 yards with your back to the LOS, then bootlegging outside again and again. it not only looks stupid but its simply someone trying to win a video game instead of enjoying what football should be, a game of chess. im all for people scrambling and running the no huddle,heck i do it too if i see a weakness or my play breaks down. the spread is innovative and if you can tweak things to make it more "yours" so be it. its part of the game and my job to stop them, but incessently doing unrealistic motions and taking advantage of programming, etc. is what cheesing is. it's also ridiculous when people who arent fans of the top schools select them in online mode. anybody can line florida's A+s up and sling the ball around. what im looking for is someone who is actually a florida/ou/usc/lsu fan etc. who slings it around or pounds it with a little bit of thought and knowledge as to what kind of coverage im using, if im sending a blitz, etc. not ohhh let me run stright back 15-30 yards with my qb's back to the line of scrimmage then launch a prayer and outrun the whole field because my guy is faster than your team. i guess thats not how i think people should play "real" football.

thank you great post.

I love how people are defending taking a snap and running directly back or too the side hoping for a coverage break down for a huge run or long pass....

THAT IS AN EXPLOIT... there is no way for the defender to keep his guys containing and keeping coverage... either way one thing wil happen, the coverage will break and try to get the QB or they won't...

either way the cheeser gets alot of yards...... so yes that is cheesing.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #35
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

Ga Tech, Florida, and Ohio State... i'm now 0-3 huge cheesers.. running around and quick snapping to prevent dlineman audibles... sad thing is in each game I led most of the time playing legit sim style..
dude tried the triple option a couple series and I stuffed him.. to go on and cheese out of desperation..
He also used his de to run very wide and take advantage of the horrid Oline AI

OD isthe only way to get a legit game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #36
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
Ga Tech, Florida, and Ohio State... i'm now 0-3 huge cheesers.. running around and quick snapping to prevent dlineman audibles... sad thing is in each game I led most of the time playing legit sim style..
dude tried the triple option a couple series and I stuffed him.. to go on and cheese out of desperation..
He also used his de to run very wide and take advantage of the horrid Oline AI

OD isthe only way to get a legit game..
are people using the wishbone/option with Georgia Tech? I'd be interested to play against someone who uses that. I have never been able to master that playbook.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 28

I have seen a good mix in eight games....

Florida twice, Penn State, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, USC, and Ohio State.

I have used:

Notre Dame (twice -- my team), Michigan State, Ga Tech (running the option is fun as hell with this team), Va Tech, Florida State, Clemson and North Carolina.

Teams I refuse to use:

Florida, USC, Texas, Ohio State

Overall, I have been surprised that I haven't seen Florida abused....
Old 07-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

I usually look in the lobby for people who use more unusual teams and match ratings with them. If they want to go B, C, whatever rated team, then I'm all for it, my 360 GT is robdalky. Drop me a line if you want to play.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 28

Anyone with the 360 want to hook up let me know. Trust me, I am no cheeser. My skill level is hit or miss.

With the eight games I have played, I haven't seen any real "cheesing". I played against Ohio State and knew Pryor would be abused. I blitzed my corners 80 - 90% of the time to keep him from running around.

I have also played a guy that used Florida, used a two TE formation and ran the same pass play 95% of the game and I couldn't stop it to save my life. No matter what I did, his TE's would get open. Not sure if this is cheesing or just crappy defense.

I haven't seen anyone use players out of position and most people are utilizing the teams as they play. I enjoyed using Ga Tech and running the option....Fast....

Gamertag: Skihawks
Old 07-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

I usually don't play online but recently decided to give it a try again. A few games the only defense I see is a 4-4 and the opponent is stacking the line. After a couple of games where I was being sacked a zillion times before I even dropped back 5 steps to pass, I figured the only way to survive to be able to even get a pass attempt is to immediately turbo run straight from the snap and run away from the line. Now, am I cheesing or is the opponent cheesing? If it is considered I am cheesing please tell me how to get myself some time to throw against this D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »