Home

Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

This is a discussion on Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #73
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

I think the point of what the OP is saying is this..

Running out the clock while using less than desirable tactics is lame and unsportsmanlike.

We all know that teams run out the clock IRL in the right situations.Also as another poster stated with 5 min quarters there is limited time from the get-go.I personally think that the play clock should be accelerated when playing online in 5min qtrs.

When it comes to video gms the rules get tossed out the window when playing online lobby gms,that is fact that you either have to accept or work around.Personally I would screen my opponents or just not play thats all.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

I could care less about chew the clock features. I would appreciate someone online using it every play. If they are using it then they can't make the appropriate offensive pre-play adjustments (slide protect, motion, etc.) in the 12 seconds left. If you are taking time to call plays and make adjustments to make the plays work then you are down to 10 seconds on the play clock anyway.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #75
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
People aren't seeming to grasp that concept. If this feature wasn't in the game my opponents would just be waiting at the play calling screen while I ran the clock down. Instead this feature speeds up the process.

I love it and hope they never take it out.

Tend to agree with this guy. Especially if you have to leave the game for some reason, it speeds up the game.

This Is Alabama Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 2

No, its a great feature
Old 07-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
CHew clock does not make the game more realistic. If you are too lazy to run the time off the clock yourself you should not be playing the game. At least as far as online goes.

It is cheesy as heck to have some dude jump up by 14 online then chew clock the entire game without it taking any of his own skill etc. Then you score enough to make it a close game anyway but time runs out.

Did it take any skill on his part? HECK NO
Could he do it manually without being lazy? HECK YES
Does it ruin online gameplay? In certain cases yes.

How would i Fix it
1. Make the quarters 8 minutes instead of 5.
or
2. Disable the feature in online games

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about ..

The chew clock is perfect and does exactly what it's suppose to do .. speed up a game when running down the clock ..

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Old 07-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #78
Rookie

VoltronViking's Arena

OVR: 2

I would be in Football Bliss if the CPU would chew some clock too...then i could run some sim minutes
...oh well, i'm making house rules...10min qtrs. chew clock in during regular situations except 2min drill zone..or atleast down by 2 scores in the 4th.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #79
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
Obviously you have never played football in your life and if you did it wasnt in a spread offense. Calls take 5-10 secs for the coaches to signal in. unless there is a timeout for a crucial playcall. Even then the 10 seconds still have to tick off the clock. They dont just say ok trips right 42 ok warp 5 secs off.

and the ball is snapped at different intervals depending on the gametime etc. Even when its snapped at 20+ they are on the field lined up doing auds etc. They dont start the play with 5 secs to go rush to the line and hike the ball.The time ticks off.
No I've never ran the spread. My high school ran a pro style offense. But Like you said calls take 5-10 sec to call in, thats the 10 sec that ran off the clock. Also after watching Michigan last year the clock went down to about 18-21 sec for most of their plays. That's with a 40 sec play clock which NCAA 10 lacks. But anyway they use form 18-21 seconds off the play clock. That would leave you in game with 3-6 seconds on the clock when you snap the ball. So actually it is pretty realistic.

Oh and the original poster said that the guy was using Ohio State so honestly who cares what Michigan is doing...
Old 07-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #80
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

OVR: 4

It really is a fair tactic. There is no reason at all to assume it is any different than just running the clock out by waiting....I can understand why anyone would be frustrated when you are losing and watching the clock speed forward 15 seconds while time ticks away and your hopes of a comeback dwindle....but frustration does not equate to unfair.

TEAMS:
Baseball: Red Sox
Basketball: Celtics, Duke, U Richmond
Football: Duke, U Richmond (FCS)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »