Home

Progressive Lighting was better on '08

This is a discussion on Progressive Lighting was better on '08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Progressive Lighting was better on '08

Anybody else agree? I personally dont know why they changed it to begin with. In '08, the shadows moved across the field during the game. The only thing weird is that you could see it movinng literally after every play if you played 6 min quarters.

But it made for much more realism instead of just changing once at halftime like it currently is.

I'm happy to see it back, dont get me wrong, but I just think it was better previously. Oh, and the dusk games didn't look so Mars-y red-orage like they do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Progressive Lighting was better on '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Anybody else agree? I personally dont know why they changed it to begin with. In '08, the shadows moved across the field during the game. The only thing weird is that you could see it movinng literally after every play if you played 6 min quarters.

But it made for much more realism instead of just changing once at halftime like it currently is.

I'm happy to see it back, dont get me wrong, but I just think it was better previously. Oh, and the dusk games didn't look so Mars-y red-orage like they do now.
actually for me was kind of distracting, every snap watching the shadows moves..

While it was closer yo realistic, i didn`t like it.

If they can`t hide the movement, before snap, i prefer this way.

less distracting.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

OVR: 2

i agree. i thought that was awesome and made it more realistic.

like you said, I am glad they brought it back, but i wish they would go back to the '08 style.

in this version it is bright, then after halftime it just goes crazy to pitch dark.

i loved having the shadows move during the game after plays just like in real life. granted not every game should have shadows move (i.e., noon games)
Old 07-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman215
i agree. i thought that was awesome and made it more realistic.

like you said, I am glad they brought it back, but i wish they would go back to the '08 style.

in this version it is bright, then after halftime it just goes crazy to pitch dark.

i loved having the shadows move during the game after plays just like in real life. granted not every game should have shadows move (i.e., noon games)
Well, the 08 style wasn't just a different way of doing progressive lighting. It was a different way of doing all the lighting. The progressive part was just one aspect of it.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Well, the 08 style wasn't just a different way of doing progressive lighting. It was a different way of doing all the lighting. The progressive part was just one aspect of it.
What does that mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Gotta disagree, the lighting in this game is phenomenal...way better to me. I didn't play 08 very much so i might not be the best judge. The only flaw with this year's is the halftime glitch where it does the immediate drastic change. Progressive might have been better in 08, but the lighting overall in this game is jaw-dropping at times.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckley
Gotta disagree, the lighting in this game is phenomenal...way better to me. I didn't play 08 very much so i might not be the best judge. The only flaw with this year's is the halftime glitch where it does the immediate drastic change. Progressive might have been better in 08, but the lighting overall in this game is jaw-dropping at times.
I havent seen anything, lighting related, in this game that is jaw dropping, at least in my opinion. I still don't like the way the players/crowd look during dusk.

And OMT/Adam, where is OUr watertower? I thought it was gonna make it in this year?
Old 07-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I havent seen anything, lighting related, in this game that is jaw dropping, at least in my opinion. I still don't like the way the players/crowd look during dusk.

And OMT/Adam, where is OUr watertower? I thought it was gonna make it in this year?
08 was at 30FPS or 60FPS?

maybe that`s why.
I remember 1st madden was much better graphically than next madden, were the last one was 60fps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »