Home

The Drives by the CPU that Can't Be Stopped!

This is a discussion on The Drives by the CPU that Can't Be Stopped! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:42 AM   #17
Rookie

dmac17's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Drives by the CPU that Can't Be Stopped!

It's been happening to me too. I'll have the CPU's offense completely shut down, and out of nowhere they become unstoppable. But, so far I've played a dynasty with ULM & SMU. So it could be the teams I'm using, both have no D at all. It would probably be more noticeable and frustrating if Iwas using a good team. But still, somehow TCU's QB managed to take off up the middle for 70 yards and not one of my players even came close to touching him. It was one of those times where you have to stop playing for a minute to settle down.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #18
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Yes. Usually near the end of a half or in the 4th quarter.
Especially if the computer is down and needs to score it seems like everything goes right. Robo QB initiates and it sometimes seems like the CPU doesn't throw an incompletion the whole drive(which is the case at times)
You can call the perfect defense and do everything right, but the CPU must score at all costs.
I hate that.

Exactly right, lost 3 close games tonight same way. Let me ask you guys, what do you have the sliders set on vs CPU in just a play a game mode? Sorry if this post should be somewhere else.
Just wandering, do you have them on defaults? And would this really make a difference with what we are talking about with the late drives by the CPU.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #19
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Happened to me as well pretty often. Lost a game in OT to Illinois (I was using Wisconsin) 40-37 in 4OT that I led 21-7 in the fourth quarter. It then nearly happened again in a game I led against Michigan State, 20-3. People will argue that you need to make better calls, or that you suck at the game...well, it honestly does not matter what call you make when robo QB activates. The CPU QB starts throwing it within a second or two of snapping the ball. Blitzes don't work under those conditions. Also, the zone defense appears really screwed up at times - when the problem is that the CPU is somehow getting wide open receivers and making quick passes before they can even drop back properly.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #20
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
At the end of the quarters they go into aggressive playcalling.

There's no comeback AI.

Just your own imagination.
Every year we see the "Comeback AI" posts.
Yet every year we also see "This games too easy even on Heisman" posts.
It's not the game. It's the player.
So in this case yo CAN hate the player and not the game....

As for Robo QB? Haven't seen him yet. Last night I held the CPU QB to 56% passing on Heisman. yeah there are games where it's a tad more but nothing even close to robo..
Just wish the patch would get here to see how it plays then.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Two observations from a "Coach Mode" player about unstoppable drives:

1. I have encountered them only during the last minute of either the second or fourth quarters.

2. When they occur, the CPU always goes into the hurry-up mode and makes large yardage gains with very little play time used.

I have had almost no success against the hurry-up by using defensive audibles. However, I have disrupted the pattern by calling time outs.

I believe that EA Sports has created this game element to heighten suspense and add another element of play interest to the game. I disagree with their thoughts here, on the basis that, in real life, hurry-up offenses pose many problems for the offense as well as for the defense - players on both sides of the ball run out of energy, for example, and substitutes are not generally possible on either side of the ball during the hurry-up.

However, I must also admit that Utah used a hurry-up (or no huddle) offense during the Sugar Bowl to really great effect against Alabama during that painful (for me) first quarter. It was a brilliant strategy - Utah built a large enough lead that neutralized the consevative Alabama offense. After the 21-0 start, Bama "won" the balance of the game 17-10, but the damage was done.

Try using time outs to disrupt the last minute drives.

Regards to all,

Art
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #22
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

I've had the CPU do this too me 3 times so far. The worst offense was during my last regular season SEC game against Arkansas in my first season in Dynasty Mode.

I had them beat by 2 TD's going into the final 7 minutes of the game and super CPU kicked in. All no huddle and 11 yard gains per play to tie the game.

Luckily I was able to grind down the clock and get in position to kick a 45 yard field goal as time expired to win the game.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #23
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

I really don't care what anybody says to the contrary, I have seen this too, especially on Heisman. Try playing on All-American with adjusted sliders, it seems to play a lot more "fair" game than Heisman does this year. Also, using man to man press coverage seems to trigger a bug (that was reported in the glitches thread here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...9-post373.html) where the CPU hikes the ball and throws instantly, this also leads to way too many unstoppable completions, especially at the end of games....I no longer use press coverage at all because of this.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 07-20-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #24
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Every year we see the "Comeback AI" posts.
Yet every year we also see "This games too easy even on Heisman" posts.
It's not the game. It's the player.
So in this case yo CAN hate the player and not the game....

As for Robo QB? Haven't seen him yet. Last night I held the CPU QB to 56% passing on Heisman. yeah there are games where it's a tad more but nothing even close to robo..
Just wish the patch would get here to see how it plays then.
maybe your right then, I know I suck on defense but wow, when the CPU turns it up it turns it up! Maybe we have to do the same.
Good post SKY.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »