Home

Please advise my chances. . .

This is a discussion on Please advise my chances. . . within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7
Question Please advise my chances. . .

I really cannot play with the analog stick on the PS3 and would like to take NCAA back and trade it for the 360 version. What excuse would give me the best chance of walking out with a copy for the 360 instead of the PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Please advise my chances. . .

Pretty much nothing.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

Question Re: Please advise my chances. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkizzlemynizzle
Pretty much nothing.
So there is a chance? Just looking for advise here. What would give me the best chances?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

You've opened it already, and there is nothing wrong with it... your chances are zero.

Of course, you could always try Wal-Mart. They're the only place that MAY take an opened product exchange without a receipt.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

Walmart works great. Did this a five-six years ago with Need for speed... My PS2 was messing up all the time and would not play the game... I attributed it to the fact that the disc must have been messed up - so I asked if I could just trade it for a gamecube version because I didn't want to go through this again... as long as its same price, they don't care.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammaxwell
Walmart works great. Did this a five-six years ago with Need for speed... My PS2 was messing up all the time and would not play the game... I attributed it to the fact that the disc must have been messed up - so I asked if I could just trade it for a gamecube version because I didn't want to go through this again... as long as its same price, they don't care.
I will try Walmart. . . but I do have my receipt. Any chance GameStop will do it if I say it was a gift and I came opened because it was the last copy they had? Please advise. . .
Old 07-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

You can tell them it keeps locking up and you need another one. If they give you another one shrink wrapped take it back later in the day after they switch crews and swap it for the 360 version.
Only works if they give you a shrink wrapped copy though.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

Be open and honest and try Gamestop first if that's where you got it from...

I'll explain why.
Gamestop makes more money from selling used games. I can imagine there are quite a few people out there that are waiting for used copies of NCAA to come in any format.

It would more than likely be in the managers best interest to kill two birds with one stone by..

1. putting a highly sought after used game on his shelf if only for the 20 minutes it takes for his next customer to ask about it or notice it on the shelf.

2. build a tremendous amount of good will with you by helping you out this one time.

3. end up making a better sell in the long run that HELPS gamestop more than it helps EA.

I say give it a shot...show him your receipt...tell him you screwed up getting it for the PS3 and see what he says.

He's not gonna snatch the game from you and tell you that you're blacklisted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »