Home

PS3 Users

This is a discussion on PS3 Users within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
PS3 Users

I hope this thread doesn't get closed due to the PS3/Patch sticky. I am having a hard time determining between the PS3 and 360 gamers.

My question is after the patch, what difference did you truly notice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: PS3 Users

Sliders actually work now.

Plus they got a new user-friendly makeover.

Probably the best set up sliders I've seen in a video game as far as labelling. Very specific to what they will do for you.

Penalty sliders work too, well, for holding and facemasks. As has reigned true perennially, there are still basically zero pass interference calls, even with my slider at 100.

That's about all I noticed changed... hard to tell when pre-patch I only played about 6 games. They released that MAMMA-JAMMA quick.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

The fixed sliders made an indescribable amount of difference. But your question is basically answered in the sticky. Read there for how the sliders can improve the game.

The only thing fixed in patch were

1) Default Rosters
2) Sliders work now (basically the only thing that effected gameplay)
3) Option to turn off Dynasty Accelerators in Online Dynasty

The 360 version will get their patch soon. A 2nd patch for both systems is in the works, but no timeframe yet.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
Sliders actually work now.

Plus they got a new user-friendly makeover.

Probably the best set up sliders I've seen in a video game as far as labelling. Very specific to what they will do for you.

Penalty sliders work too, well, for holding and facemasks. As has reigned true perennially, there are still basically zero pass interference calls, even with my slider at 100.

That's about all I noticed changed... hard to tell when pre-patch I only played about 6 games. They released that MAMMA-JAMMA quick.
Thanks for the reply, really glad to hear that sliders actually work specifically. Are PS3 experiencing the same progression isssue as 360 users within the offline dynasty?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
The fixed sliders made an indescribable amount of difference. But your question is basically answered in the sticky. Read there for how the sliders can improve the game.

The only thing fixed in patch were

1) Default Rosters
2) Sliders work now (basically the only thing that effected gameplay)
3) Option to turn off Dynasty Accelerators in Online Dynasty

The 360 version will get their patch soon. A 2nd patch for both systems is in the works, but no timeframe yet.
oh ok, I was hoping there would be more than the 3 things that were listed. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
Thanks for the reply, really glad to hear that sliders actually work specifically. Are PS3 experiencing the same progression isssue as 360 users within the offline dynasty?
I edited the rosters so there are no more sophomore/freshman players rated 85-95... I took them all down to 84 or less, except Pryor (who is going to be a 99, regardless of how he's rated) and that LB from FSU, Nigel Bradshaw (I think that's his name), as he's pretty bad *** too.

I left the two players who are sure to be 1st round NFL locks above 85, and dropped the rest quite a bit so even if they progress 7 OVR points a year MAX, the ones who do, will be 90-95, with the rare exception of a 98 or 99.

That seems to have solved my progression issues.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
I edited the rosters so there are no more sophomore/freshman players rated 85-95... I took them all down to 84 or less, except Pryor (who is going to be a 99, regardless of how he's rated) and that LB from FSU, Nigel Bradshaw (I think that's his name), as he's pretty bad *** too.

I left the two players who are sure to be 1st round NFL locks above 85, and dropped the rest quite a bit so even if they progress 7 OVR points a year MAX, the ones who do, will be 90-95, with the rare exception of a 98 or 99.

That seems to have solved my progression issues.
Do you do this year after year? Like what about in year 5 and later?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
Do you do this year after year? Like what about in year 5 and later?
Once the original 4 years of EA screwed up rosters are through, the computer generated rookies progress normally (or so I've heard), so by editing the base rosters, it fixes the first 4 years and gets you into the more playable recruit classes, who aren't so over-rated when they come in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »