Home

Heisman or All American..I Cannot Decide

This is a discussion on Heisman or All American..I Cannot Decide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 34
Heisman or All American..I Cannot Decide

I go back and forth every single year on this, with this game.

I have a offline Dynasty with ND in which I'm currently 4-1 on Heisman, and am in a online Dynasty using BYU, where my 2 losses so far are against FSU and Oklahoma by reasonable scores, so its not an issue of not being able to handle the difficulty.

The problem I have, is how the games play out.

Through 5 games, I have 11 TD passes 10 INTs, and a 60% completion %.

Out of the 10 Ints, I'd say half of them were 100% my fault. The others were of the, "There's no way a human being can recover that quickly, and break on the ball like that" variety..and almost all of them were taken right back to the house.

My game against Washington, Locker threw 5 INTS, yet I still had to hang on for dear life to win the game. Why? 2 "WARP INTS" that were either run back for TD's or set up a TD.

This is the problem I have with Heisman. The game is artifically made more "difficult" by having players play at a unrealistic level.

On the other hand, I am in another OD using Tennessee, that is on AA.

My opener was against Western Kentucky, which is D's all across the board. They played like it. They couldnt block my DL, and they couldnt handle my OL, when they tried to man up my WR's they got torched.

I barely had to throw the ball, and I won the game easily 37-7.

If I had played this game on Heisman, I probably would have won 35-24, with Western Kentucky jumping my snap every other down, getting 1 garbage INT, and their QB playing like Sam Bradford for stretches at a time.

I just dont know, though if AA will be challenging enough against even matched or against a slightly more powerful team. I just havent played it enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman or All American..I Cannot Decide

I am in the same boat. My current Illinois dynasty is on Heisman and I have thrown 22 tds with 20 ints. However, I have to stick with Heisman as AA does not result in a challenge and in the end that is what we play for. If I know I am going to win every game before I play it all the fun is gone. I am going to see if by messing around with sliders I can get the challenge I want out of AA or more realistic play I want out of Heisman. The new patched sliders being more responsive may be just what we need.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

I would say your better off beefing up AA cuz their something about the hardest levels on these games to where anything will happen to keep the CPU in the game or allow them to win the game.To me if you know thats gonna happen that will also take the fun out of it. We should start a thread has anyone ever crushed on Heisman during their dynasty. If you do get some good sliders AA let me know. The ones I see on here look way to easy.

Last edited by jcern23; 07-22-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

Heisman is just way to unrealistic.

AA seems about right for me and I'm looking forward to sliders that work tonight.

I play with PSU and I blow out the Western Kentuckys of the world, have competitive games against teams like Iowa, OSU, and Illinois, and was demolished by USC at their place.

If you can take a horrid team, play at USC and destroy them on AA, you're simply at another level....

I always wonder if the people who complain about AA being too easy are using power house teams...in that case you SHOULD win most of your games.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd115
Heisman is just way to unrealistic.

AA seems about right for me and I'm looking forward to sliders that work tonight.

I play with PSU and I blow out the Western Kentuckys of the world, have competitive games against teams like Iowa, OSU, and Illinois, and was demolished by USC at their place.

If you can take a horrid team, play at USC and destroy them on AA, you're simply at another level....

I always wonder if the people who complain about AA being too easy are using power house teams...in that case you SHOULD win most of your games.
I agree with you 100 percent I just wish we could get an AA setting where the difficulty is similar to Heisman without the BS that goes on at that level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
I agree with you 100 percent I just wish we could get an AA setting where the difficulty is similar to Heisman without the BS that goes on at that level.
Sounds like Trinity's All American sliders may be an option for this. You'd have to try it out.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

one thing i realized about the game is that passing the ball on heisman is difficult but what my problem was that i kept backing up on my drop back with my qb and my opponents DL would alwasy break off but i noticed if you let qb do its dropp back and dont move the joystick the OL always forms a pocket and a GOOD pocket so it give you more time to read the def and make a pass. my only thing now is judging when i should throw a lob or bullet pass. I can run all i want on Heisman without a problem i average 130-160 yards a carry.

DO or DO NOT there is no TRY!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

The main thing I noticed in Heisman... Offensive Linemen and Defensive Linemen are WAYYYY more important now...
In 09 you could have 2 crappy DT's and one or two studs and DE be fine... Also, you could pass protect like crazy with 78 overall OL...
Now, the pressure is so fast and so relentless, you have to have a good core in order to do anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »