Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition

This week's Operation Sports Fact or Fiction features a couple of old NCAA veterans in Dave Branda and Patrick Williams. Both guys debate some hot topics about the game, and give their thoughts on just how good NCAA Football 10 is. Read on and be sure to add your own answers in the comment box!

Read More - Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
I agree Season Showdown is pretty pointless because the player doesnt get rewarded in any way.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
1. NCAA 10 has great animations and the gameplay is slightly more polished than NCAA 04....BUT NCAA 04 destroys NCAA 10 in the presentation arena and also in options and it had ALL CFB teams....

2. Dynasty mode definitely needs an overhaul especially with the lack of immersion...it gets kind of boring.

3. Season Showdown < something far more important ie. Presentation?

4. Florida definitely no...Oklahoma...probably not Longhorns should get in this time around.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Season Showdown was a waste of the developers time. they should have put that time and energy into making dynasty mode better!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
1) Best game? I say Fiction. It may be by Dave's logic but the game has taken a step back in options (took away my beloved 09 camera and still hasn't added formation subs or discipline in dynasty). Parts of this game are the best ever but the overall package is still unpolished imo. I'm choosing not to buy it at the moment so I can't say Fact.

2) Dynasty mode overhaul? Fiction. I don't want a super detailed dynasty mode. I like it the way it is. I would just like to see discipline added back in along with a coaching carousel (fires and retirements). Season specific commentary would be nice as well (he's been great on the season so far with 12 TDs, etc.).

3) Season Showdown is a waste? Fact. I never liked this mode and still don't care about it. Resources best served elsewhere.

4) Florida and OU will both miss the NC? Fiction. Very tough call here. I don't see anyone from the ACC, Big East or Big 10 getting there. So that leaves USC, Texas and Oklahoma from the Big 12 and Florida in a tough SEC (LSU a sleeper?). I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 that at least one can get back there.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-22-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 23
I have a love hate relationship with Ncaa Football 10. Its way to early to formulate a concrete opinion but I will say this...

-Teambuilder is brilliant.

-Dynasty is stale, lifeless and unnecessarily complicated.

-Gameplay is much improved. While it doesn’t look to be at the level of this year’s madden 10, I think it would be far from blasphemy to say the game plays pretty solid.

-Season Showdown is constructed well, I just don’t think they needed to put as much emphasis or development time into something that most people will just overlook.

-Presentation need a serious ESPN upgrade, as well as a media perspective with a little personality (not a photo and a fake article we can’t read.) Dynasty media should mimic the actual sports media and how they react throughout a college football season.

-Ultimately I would say Ncaa football 10 is a solid game, especially when you consider its mostly just a buffer until Madden drops. While it lacks a championship quality to it, I feel like with a few focus shifts, a little thinking outside the box and a much needed focus on improving presentation, Ncaa 11 could be a very good game.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football Edition

1. Best Game: Fiction... on next gen yes, but to say it's the better than one of the top 2 games (04,06) in the series is a joke.

2. Dynasty Overhaul: Fact... the mode is boring, empty, and pretty pointless especially when the goal of winning the national championship results in nothing more than a flyover and a "Well, see ya next year"

3. Season Showdown presented by Coke Zero: Fact... complete waste of time & effort. There is a slew of other things they could have done to actually improve the game further.

4. Florida & OU: Fiction... Florida is going 13-1, winning the SEC & making it the "championship"

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-22-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8
Best game: Fiction...more like NCAA 09.5

Dynasty Overhaul: Fact - It just doesnt immerse me anymore like it used to...and added to the fact that they didnt even release a FAQ about the new symbols and definitions about what things mean kinda ticks me off too, b/c its just pure speculation as to what those things could possibly mean.

Season Showdown: Fact - I've asked at least 10 times what is the ultimate goal of this feature...its basically a peeing contest between schools with no rewards...maybe if they had a couple of unlockable achievements/trophies for getting x amount right, that might make me wanna do it if i was an achievement whore or something like that, but its pointless

Fla & OU: not sure...im pretty sure there wont be two undefeated teams this year so some controversy will come this year just like years past

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »