Home

Greatest Comeback Victory?

This is a discussion on Greatest Comeback Victory? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
Rookie

WOHBuckeye's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Greatest Comeback Victory?

I've had tons of them. But my favorite was in NCAA 03, the first NCAA game I had for my PS2 (I had 98, 99 for PSX). I was down 28-0 to Florida (Citrus Bowl) with my first-year create-a-school in the middle of the third. Rex Grossman was lighting me up. I managed to get an interception, broke some tackles on short passing plays for touchdowns, ended up tying it 28-28. They kicked a field goal to go up 31-28. I scored a touchdown to win as time expired on a five-wide shotgun play, hitting my No. 5 receiver in the back of the end zone. I woke my wife up yelling.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

wow i cant even remember the games i played this week not to mention 03...impressive
Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #11
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Playing with two high school teams I made, I was down 28-3 at the half. In just two plays in the second half, I scored, 28-10. I hold them to a three and out, drive down and score again, 28-17. They drive down and hit a field goal and going into the fourth quarter it was 31-17.

In the fourth I have a quick drive to cut the score to 31-24. Then they get the ball back and drive down to my 40, but back to back sacks and an incomplete pass ends the drive and forces the punt.

I get the back back at my own three. Then I march right down the field and score tying the game at 31-31 with 1:58 left in the game. I kick the ball off to them and on the first play after the kickoff, they fumble and I take the ball in for the winning score, 38-31.

They get one last chance, but make nothing of it, picking up no yards on the four plays and I just milk the clock after that. 38-31 was the final.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 03:55 AM   #12
six
Banned

OVR: 6

My biggest comeback on this year's game was in year 1 of my UK dynasty against Auburn on the road. I got down 35-20 and rallied to tie it at 35, only to see them score and go up 42-35, early in the 4th. I went no huddle and quickly tied it up with about 330 to go. I got a 3 and out and then milked the clock, mixing runs with some passes, and scored a TD to win 49-42 with 5 seconds left.

That was probably my toughest game, even more so than FL or Bama on my schedule. I really thought I was done for a while there. I managed to go all the way to the championship against Penn State, riding my momentum off that Auburn game...I almost came back against them as well. Down 20-6 with 5 minutes to go in the 4th, I scored to cut it to 20-13, got a 3 and out, then scored again, 20-20...then stopped them again...had the ball and was down to their 30 with a minute and a half left...my stupid QB fumbled the ball scrambling on third and 7 and they recover and throw a long bomb TD...27-20...I run the kick off back to the 50...scramble to the 36 yard line and throw up a couple of hail mary's, including the last second one that my idiot QB threw OUT of the back of the endzone...give my guys a freaking chance, but he couldn't even do that.

Still a great game and a great first season in dynasty.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

I was using my create-a-school on the road versus Minnesota (yes, it was the first game in their new stadium). Well, they must have been fired up because the Gophers were up 28-0 at halftime.

Then I put 35 unanswered on them in the second half to win 35-28 and ruin their stadium opening.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm playing an offline franchise with Bama. My biggest come back win has been against VT. I was down 17-0 in the 3rd quarter and ended up coming back to win 35-24.

As far as come back losses:
My only loss so far, came against Tennessee. I was leading 11-3 (3 fg's and a safety) with about 4 minutes left in the game. They ended up scoring 14 unanswered point's to win the game 17-11.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #15
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

I was using OSU against Illinois in my offline dynasty juice and benn had been on fire building a 48-24 lead going into the 4th qtr. I was able to get in a groove on off and the defense stepped up, with less than a minute left I tied the game and got the win on a 50+yd pick 6 basically as time expired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #16
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm playing an offline franchise with Bama. My biggest come back win has been against VT. I was down 17-0 in the 3rd quarter and ended up coming back to win 35-24.

As far as come back losses:
My only loss so far, came against Tennessee. I was leading 11-3 (3 fg's and a safety) with about 4 minutes left in the game. They ended up scoring 14 unanswered point's to win the game 17-11.
So that first comeback was the opener in Atlanta right?

I wonder if they worked on giving the CPU some guts in this year's game b/c Ive had three games in my dynasty (starting out as North Texas) where I've been up by atleast 2 TDs and have lost in OT or been shut out in the 2nd half. Sucks but I'm sorta glad b/c used to be 2 TD lead= a win

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »