Home

Greatest Comeback Victory?

This is a discussion on Greatest Comeback Victory? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Greatest Comeback Victory?

I don't know if this has already been started, but I think it would be an interesting thread to hear about come from behind victories (either online, vs. CPU or a friend).

I have an offline dynasty with Nebraska on AA, I was playing Oklahoma and was down 27 to 3 going into the fourth. I managed to piece together a 30 point fourth quarter to win by a final of 33-30 at the end of regulation.

What's your best comeback victory?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Greatest Comeback Victory?

Ha, I had a very similar situation. I was using Nebraska in my dynasty and was playing Texas Tech. The largest lead they held was 28-7 in the third quarter, but it was 28-14 going into the 4th. I cut the lead to 7 and on the ensuing TTU possession, Pierre Allen forced a fumble on a QB sack and Ndamukong Suh scooped and scored. We traded punts until about 4 minutes left in the 4th when TTU scored and made it 35-28. I took the kickoff back to their 7 and scored two plays later. Then, Tech mounts a drive and scores with just under a minute left. On my next possession, I was facing 4th & 10 with about :20 left, when I hit Menelik Holt on a streak to TTU's 15. I scored with Mike McNeill on a crossing pattern with :08 left and tied it up at 42. In OT, Rickey Thenarse picked off a pass on Tech's first possession and Alex Henery kicked the game winner.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nice, gotta love McNeill on the crossing patterns.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

This should be a good thread

I was playing a friend offline, Rice (me) vs UNC (him). He's up 21-0 with about 3 minutes left in the game. I had the ball around midfield, called Hail Mary and somehow score. 21-7. I went for the onside and I recovered. Drove downfield, played the sidelines, and scored again with about a minute and a half left. 21-14. I go for the onside again. He recovers. BUT!! He tries to run it back and I hit stick him, he fumbles and I recover. I get the ball to the 15 with about 30 seconds left. I ran that Sweep QB Screen out of the Flexbone and he actually bit on it and I scored with my QB (who has pretty good speed which helped a lot). 21 all. We go into OT and I win on the good old speed option left.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

i'm sure i'll get flamed for this but my greatest comeback was in NCAA 07 for ps2. playing 6 min qtrs on AA, didnt touch the sliders, i was ND and was playing againt VT. long story short, i got down 51-7 (yes i know, it was one of those games), came back to win in OT 54-51. lets just say in the 4th qtr, i managed to find a play action play where my reciever would burn the corner everytime and so i would score on the first or second play every series, and each time i recovered the onside. i was stunned at the end, but it felt so awesome afterwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
This should be a good thread

I was playing a friend offline, Rice (me) vs UNC (him). He's up 21-0 with about 3 minutes left in the game. I had the ball around midfield, called Hail Mary and somehow score. 21-7. I went for the onside and I recovered. Drove downfield, played the sidelines, and scored again with about a minute and a half left. 21-14. I go for the onside again. He recovers. BUT!! He tries to run it back and I hit stick him, he fumbles and I recover. I get the ball to the 15 with about 30 seconds left. I ran that Sweep QB Screen out of the Flexbone and he actually bit on it and I scored with my QB (who has pretty good speed which helped a lot). 21 all. We go into OT and I win on the good old speed option left.
i would just like to give props for you actually recovering an onside kick, hardest thing to do in the game.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
i would just like to give props for you actually recovering an onside kick, hardest thing to do in the game.
Ha thanks. I had it set to where it would be kicked at the second guy from the right and had perfect amount of power and the ball just bounced off his player. It was all perfect
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

Hm. My biggest comeback also came against Texas Tech. I went into the fourth quarter on the road down, 34-14. It was kind of like my breakthrough game against the cpu on default heisman. Picked them apart with the passing game, and shut them down defensively. It was pretty sweet at the time because I had lost all the other games I'd played that day...and many of them were blowouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »