Home

Defense issues...help

This is a discussion on Defense issues...help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 21
Defense issues...help

hey everyone,

I am having a hard time playing defense and getting an understanding of it. My latest game I played was the Terps Vs SDSU just to try and get a gauge on the defensive side of the ball against an ok team.

Lindley went 21-28, 305yds, TD, INT in the first 2.5 Quarters. I tried doing the game plan by either playing aggressive to playing soft...and I can't figure it out. QB seem to be completing a high percentage of their passes. Any Ideas on what i may be doing wrong?

Thanks

If you like debating sports with your friends, or talk sports at a local bar whatever...this is all that wrapped into one. This is Urban Sports Talk

www.thehotspotshow.com
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ducross-brothers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Defense issues...help

First, Identify how you are getting beat.

If passing game is killing you, identify where and how.

Is it short routes or deep routes and is it one WR or all of em.

You have to try and identify your opponents tendencies. If you can do that it will make it easier for you to call plays to stop how they are attacking your defense.(thats granted you know what plays stop what you have identified)

Knowing how you match up against the opponents offense can help you call plays also. You then can call plays based on taking your opponents best players away which is a bit more tricky as they can move those players around based on formation and also they may be the type of player who uses everybody(which is easy to do in this game, every WR seems to play the same)

It all really boils down to anticipating or identifying how your opponent is going to attack you and knowing the proper response(play call) At the very least just make up in your mind what YOU want to take away from the offense. Short routes, or the deep routes, or the run.

You will KNOW you called the right play against the cpu because thats always the play were you see the cpu Qb having FOREVER in the pocket and has not thrown the ball. It cant because NO ONE is open, but somehow you are not rewarded for your most excellent play call because your pass rush cannot get to the cpu so you are left to watch all the WR's standing in front of you DB's chillin, until the cpu decides to just chuck them the ball and make a completion anyhow.

To defeat that you will have to ask a dev, who will never answer....

But ask yourself now, do I know which defenses stop certain routes, and do I understand what routes and formations take advantage of its weaknesses ?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Defense issues...help

The cpu on offense will pick up on your defensive playcalling tendicies and try to exploit it. So you've got to mix up playcalling somewhat or at least give them a different look with another formation. Also, is it usually one guy on offense ex. the Z wr that keeps hurting you? You could try to lock onto him with the defensive key. Basically if the cpu finds a play that really works, they will run it until you find a way to stop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »